Which motherboard would suit the best an i7 3930k ?

I personally would go with either the Gigabyte or the EVGA boards.

They are all pretty similar, just different brandings. I personally have had some trouble a while back with MSI, so I tend to avoid them, but they are still a solid choice. But it is out of stock...

Scarface83

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

Yeah, more and more people tell me to avoid MSI due to it not being so safe. However, don't mind the " out of stock " thing, I'll get the pieces from sites within my country. So far Gigabyte seems to be the most recommended but I'm still waiting ...

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
The ASUS board is good choice, but if you order it from Newegg, you have hope that the socket pins aren't bent on the board. If they are, ASUS and Newegg will screw you on it.

Out of the 4 I went with the EVGA board. Great support and if something goes wrong they got your back.

darksparten

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
The GA-X79-UP4 is the best IMO, it has compatibility for 4-Way SLI/CFX, more SATA 6/GBs, and more 3.0 ports, for only 20 dollars more.

The EVGA board is terrible IMO, the cheap EVGAs are all horrible, only the high end SR-X/Classifieds are good.

Scarface83

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

The Gigabyte motherboard is cheap compared to the EVGA one :). It's on 48 % discount right now so that's why it costs 209.99 $, its original price is 400 $.