I3 2120 Hd 2000 vs PII 960T With GT 450 1 Gb Ddr5 Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototype18

Distinguished
Hi masters :)

Im 1 step from buying my pc but i need ur advice .

My comp will be :

PSU : XFX 750 Pro
CPU : I3 2120 or 960T
Mobo : Extreme3 Gen3 or 970 Extreme 4
Hdd 500 Gb WD BLue
Asus Dvd Writter
1280*1024 Monitor

So what to chose? Bette to stay 6-8 months with HD than a HD 6850 or buy now phenom and get a gts 450?

Thank you :) ALL

Solution
Something like this comes down to what are you going to be doing with your system. The Intel® HD 2000/3000 graphics can run some low powered games but for the most part they are designed to offer non gaming performance for the average user. So if this is going to be a gaming system then a dedicated video card like the GTX 450 would offer much better performance than the Intel HD 2000 Graphics, but in 6-8 months you will find that you get better performance with Intel® Core™ i3-2120 and the same video card. So can you live with the performance of the Intel HD 2000 Graphics for 6-8 months? or can you find some way to get a video card right now to match up with the Intel Core i3-2120?

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
I think is in the same price range and ill recommend you this :
MOBO : BIOSTAR TZ68A+ LGA 1155 Intel Z68
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138319
CPU : Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115074
PSU : OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017
TOTAL ; $368.98 and after mail in rebates 343.98$
And if you have 30$ more you can buy i5 2500k.

Something like this comes down to what are you going to be doing with your system. The Intel® HD 2000/3000 graphics can run some low powered games but for the most part they are designed to offer non gaming performance for the average user. So if this is going to be a gaming system then a dedicated video card like the GTX 450 would offer much better performance than the Intel HD 2000 Graphics, but in 6-8 months you will find that you get better performance with Intel® Core™ i3-2120 and the same video card. So can you live with the performance of the Intel HD 2000 Graphics for 6-8 months? or can you find some way to get a video card right now to match up with the Intel Core i3-2120?

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution

prototype18

Distinguished
@sosfm

thank you for that i had already considered that but as i am buyng from amazon.de and my budget is 400E i can get just those 2 types of build.

@intelEnthusiast sure i can live with HD for that time . I have been living for 2 years with OnBOard gpu 256 mb :p

Also can the price of GPU drop for that time ? Would be cool :)

How could anyone possibly answer your question?? You haven't even told us what you use the computer for........and what on Earth would you need a 750w psu for???

What part of his post indicates he's gaming?

prototype18

Distinguished
Srry abt that. Gaming its not 100 purpose i also do Photoshop,Premiere,Audition,And 3d Max. Also gaming its not behind . I would like to play BF3 , MW3, NFS TR etc those latest games.

@Geekaprooved

750w just to be safe who knows SLI or CF in future :)

The only way you could do crossfire/sli is if you had a motherboard that could do crossifre/sli.

And your going to need a lot of gpu to play BF3. At least a HD6850/GTX560. And you'll need a good power supply, and even better if you plan crossfire/sli. You don't want to have to buy another one later on do you? GT450 is not going to play modern games especially at modern resolutions. You haven't even mentioned your monitors resolution....?

You need to think about what you want, need, and your budget, then come back and fill out the new build form in the new build section instead of us trying to guess what your going to do in the future which apparently your not even sure of yourself.

CPU wise, the i3-2120 is the way to go if you can't afford an Intel quad. The i3 outperforms the AMD quads in just about everything. I suggest because your budget limited to go wtih a i3-2120 and a H61 mobo and run a single video card and forget about crossfire/sli. It's out of your budget and you won't need an expensive psu either.

Status
Not open for further replies.