DaDD

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
New system. Clean installed Win7pro, Few issues with drivers for usb's that the asus motherboard cd solved. Then turned around right away and did the MS Win8 upgrade keeping nothing. Win 8 found everything, no drivers issues, smooth and very fast instal!
Now going to Asus support site for the MB there are numerous driver updates, audio, lan, intel chipset, usb, etc. Should I update everything from Asus? I was going to to do the audio and lan for sure, but not sure about the others? TIA

DaDD

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Thanks. Too bad Asus doesn't provide a changelog for every update. I did the audio and lan drivers, but will sit on everything else for a while.

DaDD

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Well onboard realtek sound was awful. Miss my Sb x-fi now. Going to add a pci-e SB card. Can I put it in any available pci-e slot even though it has a mini 1x interface?

cl-scott

Honorable

Yes, but if you put it into an x16 slot, or even maybe an x8 slot, make sure to doublecheck the BIOS settings. A lot of times the default is to assume anything in an x16 slot is a video card.

DaDD

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I'd like to put it in slot 7 pcie 2.0 x16_3 running at 4x mode. Do I have to change anything in the bios. Looked but didn't see anything. Single video card setup in slot 2. Thanks