The best budget computer build for djing purposes

djvinster

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hi,

I am looking to build a computer strictly to run my dj software. I am looking to spend upto £300 and want atleast 8GB memory ram and a 1TB hard drive to store music.
I want the build to fit in a flight case, so the tower has to be rackmountable.

I want a quality and effective intel processor and i need to consider the psu, cpu fan and motherboard within the budget.

I was wondering if somebody could recommend me components to create a quality build within this budget please, your help will be very much appreciated in advance.

Thank you

djvinster

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I would also like to add that my computer would be used for very long hours at events so it needs to be powerful and reliable

kai-fei

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Sorry but at least right now that is a bit unrealistic. A terabyte HDD costs about 130 dollars due to flooding in Thailand, a quality and effective Intel processor, like the i3-2100 costs 125, 8 gigs of ram costs at least 40 dollars, your case will be about 40 dollars, psu about 50 dollars, motherboard about 60. Now I don't know how different prices are in Euros right now, but right there you are looking at about 450 dollars, and thats a good case scenario. You will either need to get a bigger budget (500 dollars would be a LOT better), or another option, make an AMD pc, and wait a while before you do either way, so that HDD prices go back down. Good luck with your build.

djvinster

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
What can i get within that budget?... the maximum within that price range... I need it to be fast and reliable... An intel processer would be ideal... i already have a 1tb external for backup i want to chuck most of the stuff on there onto the computer... If any1 could recommend me the top spec performance wise within that price range i would be really really greatful...Thank you very much in advance

kai-fei

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Well the problem is this. First, 300 euros is not that much money, secondly, a really fast and reliable computer costs a lot of money. Is there some reason you need an intel? because for processors under 120 dollars, amd is usually the better deal, and amd motherboards are generally cheaper. Also, you probably are going to need a a soundcard if you plan to do any serious djing. Heres a good AMD starter kit with Mobo, CPU, and RAM. You'll need about a 350 watt psu

Motherboard: http://www.ebuyer.com/269070-asus-m5a78l-m-lx-amd-socket-am3-8-channel-hd-audio-matx-motherboard-m5a78l-m-lx It has enhanced sound 50 euros

CPU http://www.ebuyer.com/198349-amd-phenom-ii-x2-555-black-edition-3-2ghz-socket-am3-6mb-cache-hdz555wfgmbox 70 euros

RAM http://www.ebuyer.com/166995-crucial-4gb-2x2gb-ddr3-1333mhz-pc3-10600-memory-kit-cl9-1-5v-ct2kit25664ba1339 20 euros
Cpu

djvinster

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I have a hercules deejay trim soundcard already which connects upto my mixer.... at the moment im using a crappy 5 yr old pc with 1gb memory on it and i cant upgrade any specs because the motherboard just doesnt allow me too

The recommended spec to run the software is as follows:

PC System Requirements

MINIMUM system requirements:

* Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ XP
* 1024x768 resolution
* DirectX compatible soundcard
* 512MB RAM
* 50MB free on the hard drive

RECOMENDED system requirements:

* Intel® Core™ 2 or AMD Athlon™ X2
* 1280x1024 resolution
* Multi-channel DirectX compatible soundcard
* 1024MB RAM
* 200MB free on the hard drive

Additional requirements for Video mixing:

* 2048MB (2GB) RAM
* ATI™ or NVIDIA® video card w/256MB of Dedicated DDR3 RAM
* Video card must support dual-screen output

Supported Operating System:

* MINIMUM: Microsoft® Windows XP SP3 or newer
* RECOMMENDED: Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

* Microsoft® Windows 95, 98, ME, or older are not supported

The whole purpose of this build is to run this software and nothing else... The only reason why i am saying £300 is because i'm a student... I can't really afford to spend over a budget... The only reason why i am saying Intel is because i've heard they are better then AMD lol... Nothing to do with expert knowledge and performance analysis or anything... I aint much of a computer genius... I know how to fix things though loll

djvinster

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
What if the PSU was more the 350W?... I've seen a 430W one for £31.99?... My computer won't explode or anything would it?... I wouldn't want to literally put the term bringing fire to the dancefloor into practise lol

don't skimp on the PSU.

stick with the following brands: Corsair, XFX, Antec, Seasonic, Enermax, Power PC & Cooling.

if the 430W is one of those, no problem. the 350W is all you need for a Llano build, as it has an excellent built-in GPU, so you don't need a GPU at all.

djvinster

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your help... i appreciate it a lot... but the 350W or 430W won't make a difference would it?... the higher i can get within the budget the better right?

djvinster

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
brilliant... you guys have done an awesome job... there are millions of dj's around the world... most of them use macs... but for the rare bred ones like me... marvellous job.... i can guarantee this thread will help loads of ppl over time... cheers guys