Country of Origin: some where in latin america lol
Parts Preferences: N/A
SLI or Crossfire: No
Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024
Hi All, i'm trying to build my new computer and i wanted to be AMD X6 so i can use virtualization with this to work on some software development.. but i want it also for fun, gaming and general use... so this is what i found so far... i'm not in the US so newegg its unfortunatly not an option so i decide to go amazon.com , my question for this will be :
1. The PSU i selected will be able to handle all the selected parts ?
2. is the motherboard a good choice or should i go with other brand or model ?
3. will the ram be good with this motherboard ? ... its not on the specs of tested Ram of ASRock motherboard ..
4.will the ATI video card be supported by the processor or isn't this an issue ?
5. what will be a good Hard Drive to put on ?
If you have any better suggestion it will be very very appreciated or if you have a better configuration please feel free to tell me. thanks again for all you´re help in advance.
1. I'd stay away from the AMD 870 - I was using that on an AMD based build a while ago and the motherboard went haywire on me after I tried installing an aftermarket cooler. The 1055T is an excellent CPU, for the price there's no Intel equivalent that can match or surpass its' value right now.
2. They're all pretty decent in some form or another. Asrock is OK, so is Gigabyte, Asus, you name it. Do your research before deciding.
3. Most motherboard manufacturers put builders' guides on their websites, and many include compatible memory charts. You'll want to check speeds, voltage and timing to make sure it's compatible with what you've chosen.
4. Not an issue - GPUs aren't CPU dependent. Any GPU can be used on any platform.
5. Avoid Hitachi and IBM hard drives like the plague, Samsung, Seagate, and Western Digital are all excellent brands.