GA-EP45-UD3P boot problem

rjlara

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hi to all:

First of all, apologies by my poor English.

I owned a PC from about 3 years, which include: GA-EP45-UD3P notherboard with F6 firmware, 4GB RAM memory, WD HD 2TB (primary), WD HD 500GB (secondary), ATI Raedon HD4650, 800 watts power supply.

Few weeks ago, I'll need to reformat a Western Digital 2TB hard drive. By the way, I changed the "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode" value to AHCI, enabled the "Onboard SATA/IDE Device" and set "Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode" to AHCI.

From then, the motherboard needs booting twice to detect the primary HD (secondary HD allways detected at first boot)

Could anyone suggest me why my mb has this strange behaivor and advice a possible solution?

Thank you very much for your responses and best regards.

Rafael L.

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
I would set it all back to what it was originally..
It's a system drive so the hot swap feature of AHCI is useless for you and you won't see any performance boost on that drive anyways!
But that is what is causing the issue...
Hope this helps..JQ

Yes AHCI is mainly for SSDs that I have seen few other reasons but none you need. Some things to try diffrent Sata slot make sure you are not on the marvel controller (The purple ones) Try reseating all of the cables power and sata. If you have no overclock or speacial settings you might try a clean reset of the bios settings too.

Thent