Hi, I just built a new computer and here are the specs:

Processor : AMD Phenom(tm) II x6 1055T (6CPUs) ~2.8 GHz
Memory: 8GB (2x4gb) DDR3 PC3-10666 1333 MHZ
Chipset : GeForce 7025/nForce 630a
Motherboard : M4N68T-M V2
Hard Drive : 2TB
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
PSU: 500w

I want to buy a new graphics card but I'm not really sure what to buy, I want one that is around 100 dollars or a little bit more than 100 dollars. I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me find one.

I was thinking about this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I play mostly League of Legends , i have tried the game on my new computer but I'm getting really low FPS around a constant 20 fps.

I will give more info about the computer if you guys want to know more!

More about : buying graphics card

a b U Graphics card
September 4, 2011 3:06:26 AM

I think you would do well with a GTX 550 ti or 5770/6770. Cards cheaper than those offer fewer features that you might wish to have later like directx 11, and are noticeably slower. More expensive cards often are unnecessary. What resolution are you playing at?
m
l
September 4, 2011 4:44:17 AM

I am playing at 1440x900 , I'm planning on getting a new monitor soon with the graphics card. Those cards that you suggested are too expensive for me haha.
m
l
Related resources
September 4, 2011 5:15:39 AM

These graphic cards are out of your price range? If you are so spared for cash then why on earth did you get Windows Ultimate and 8 gigs of ram? You could have saved a lot with Windows Home Premium and 4 gigs.

The graphic card is the most important factor in determining game quality. If you like to play games that is the last area you should be cheaping out on! What monitors are you looking at? It's probably better to wait on the monitor and get a better graphic card. The card you linked to is pretty dated and you'd really be getting your money's worth to spend more on the newer cards.

Also, what is the primary purpose of this PC?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 4, 2011 6:23:19 PM

Yeah I'm personally an nvidia fan so I'd go with the GTX 550 ti. If you absolutely have to spend less you can go with the gts 450 or gt 440, but those cards both offer much lower performance for only a little less money.
m
l
!