Gfx card problem

anthonydsa

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hi all,
I am having a problem with my graphics card. I bought an Nvidia GeForce 9600GT card from Sparkle. My PC config is : Intel E6750 (with PCI-E slot), DG33FB motherboard, 2 GB RAMM @ 667 MHz, 1TB HDD & Acer 19 inch monitor and 450W power supply unit.

I downloaded the latest card drivers from Nvidia and installed my card. During boot up the screen displayed the relevant boot up screen but on the background there were wavy lines and at some places red blocks. after few boot ups, the PC hung during windows loading.

What can be the problem??? is it my motherboard or is it the card problem???

Help please

AD

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
That is basically either your monitor OR your Wire/VGA Connector isn't working properly... Try to take off the wire and plug it back in and see if it solves problem because having it on side way will cause the monitor to turn green yellow/orange or even red lol and blue too... If it's not that than it's is most likely to be your Monitor because no hardware causes those stuff to monitor unless bad Video Card...

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
@anthony
There is a very good chance that your graphic card is bad. Many years ago when I bought a shiny new EVGA 9600GT with 512MB vRAM, it exhibited the same problem upon first boot, and I eventually ended up having to RMA it to get a replacement.