The Witcher 2 Freezing

kamuran55

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
I played the Witcher 2 today for the first time in a week. I loaded my recent save game from a week ago and the loading screen freezes. The loading music freezes and stays on one tune.

Example:
Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum,

After, I was able to get into a game and the game froze within a minute and the music does the same. It also happens when I go into cut scenes but the scene won't load and it freezes. Basically I cannot even play a single 5 minutes without it freezing.

I've looked around and I've heard it could be because Amd Override is on, I turned it off and it still happens.I've reinstalled my GPU drivers, and my Visual C+ files.

My computer specs are not the problem but I'll post them anyways.

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon 6870 1GB
Processor: AMD 965 Phenom II 3.4Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD EVO
Ram: 4GB of Corsair Vengeance
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint 2TB
Power Supply: Corsair 650w Enthusiast
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Video of what happens, no sound because of my camera...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpK0muPOOOQ

Darth_Kaar

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
First - try to load any other save. It the game still freezes, try turning all graphical settings to minimal. If that won't work, reinstall the game after backuping saves.

kamuran55

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Yes it is a legit copy. I just don't feel like reinstalling it right now since it worked out perfectly fine last week.

I'm just trying to find some other way to fix it for now. Is AMD vison Engine the same as catalyst control center?