Ram slots not detecting ram but still getting power

Hello, I am having trouble with my ram slots 2 of them do not detect ram. I tried 1 stick in each slot and the first 2 will not boot. What i find strange is that i can have ram in all four slots and the computer will still boot normally just not detect the ram in the first 2 slots. Also i have some older ram with tempature gauges on the top and when it is plugged into the board it shows that the slots are getting power. I was just wondering if it is the board or something else and what other test i can try or bios settings i can change maybe. Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about slots detecting power
  1. What do you mean by the motherboard is not detecting ram in slot 1and 2?
    If the computer boots with one ram card installed in ram slot 1 or slot 2 means that the cards are being detected.
  2. you can do a memtest from bios
  3. you did not specify your board what brand and model, not enough info, some boards with 4 slots are using 2 kinds of dram like 2 slots for ddr2 and another 2 slots for ddr3. if your board is only accepting either ddr2 or ddr3 then slots 1&2 are not working because as you have said it does not boot when you insert mem on either slot 1 or 2
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair RAM Boot Power Memory