New Build - 600-800 Dollar Gaming Comp First Time!!!

Souldrainer2021

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Hey! This is my first time trying to build a computer, a good friend of mine recommended me to this site so here I am!!! I believe I'm pretty good at computers but of course that can be completely wrong. So here I am to humbly ask for your advice :p I will list the computer parts and the other information as listed in that guide so I can help you guys help me better! :)

When: I plan to buy all this stuff around November, either through the month or on black Friday (which I'm not sure if the deals legitimately save me money).

The budget is at most 800, I would prefer something that costs less due to the fact that I'd like to hold on to my money haha

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

GPU: SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case:Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Extra Fan for CPU: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

I have never overclocked anything and to be quite honest it scares me a little, but if it is not too hard I may be willing to try it providing that my computer doesn't blow up. Because I'm not sure I will be able to afford a replacement part for it.

I will only buy that fan for the CPU if you guys believe it is necessary, since I will not be really overclocking it except for reasons listed above.

My choice of parts is not definite, if you guys come up with a better suggestions for economic/performance reasons I am willing to listen as long as it is in my budget!!!

I'm going to use my 32 inch hdtv as a screen perhaps with a wireless keyboard and a mouse if I can find one for a good value. Otherwise you guys are welcome to recommend a good monitor around like 20-30 inches.

Most likely I'm going to get everything off Newegg, unless you guys have some websites that I can trust and have much better deals.

I'm a AMD/ATI lover so any suggestions of what might be better are very welcome!

And last but certainly not least, THANK YOU for all your help!!!! :) I appreciate it and look forward to building this comp!!!! :bounce:

Ok, then the build I compiled would be sweet for you, the 6950 will give you way more performance than the 6870 so it'll hold you off on the 2nd card too soon. Plus the 4100 is pretty decent for the price, holding its ground against the Phenoms, also it gets pretty solid overclocks so if you ever plan to. The 1TB F3 gives you more space for cheaper and the HAF 912 is pretty large.