Sign in with
Your question

Witcher 2 framerate improvement- rate limiting step upgrade?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 4, 2011 6:48:46 PM

Hey all, so I am working with the below specs on Windows 7:

HpPavillion p6724
RAM: 4 Gb
CPU: Intel E5700 Dual Core 3.0 Ghz
GPU: Radeon 5450 (1Gb)

and I get an unplayable extremely low < 20 fps with ubersampling, blurring, low specs and all other things minimized to optimize performance. Really quite desperate to play this game, but I can find no combinations that may it even playable... Willing to pay whatever it takes to run well, but just need to know what my rate-limiting step is right now...

I just instally so I the latest patches etc. and am pretty obsessed with getting this thing up and running semi-smooth.

I know you have no incentive to help me, but I assure you any help you can give me would be infinitely, infinitely appreciated!

Next time I am bypassing the wife and going Alienware.....
a c 141 U Graphics card
September 4, 2011 7:20:48 PM

Your biggest problem is your graphics card. The Radeon HD 5450 is a very weak card that isn't meant for gaming, it simply isn't fast enough to deliver acceptable framerates for Witcher 2. Your CPU isn't that great either, but it should be able to deliver acceptable performance paired with a better graphics card. What is your screen resolution? Resolution makes a big difference in determining which graphics card is appropriate.

Since you are using a pre-built that means your graphics card upgrade options will be quite limited unless you upgrade your power supply, your system has a 250 Watt Power Supply, not enough to run any decent graphics card. The weakest card I'd recommend for Witcher 2 would be the Radeon HD 5670, which requires at least a 300 Watt power supply in order to run safely.
m
l
!