Solved

New Computer wont Turn on

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 2, 2011 1:26:52 PM

I just got done building my new computer and it wont turn on. When I press the power button every thing powers up both fans and the cpu fan. The light on the mother board also comes on. It will only stay for a few seconds then it stops and starts again like it is restarting and will keep doing that until i flip the switch on the PSU.

Any Ideas

Thanks.

More about : computer wont turn

November 2, 2011 2:51:56 PM

I got past that part now it stays running the first time I got a message something about post or cmos or something then it restarted. still runs but nothing on my computer screen. I get one beep when starting up.
m
l
November 2, 2011 3:57:20 PM

Try taking out the CMOS battery on your motherboard for about 20 minutes. Then try again. Post your system too.
m
l
Related resources
November 2, 2011 4:52:31 PM

Most MB's have a reset jumper. If you can get to it, try that. No problem with removing the battery but it's a pain.
If you fool around with computers enough, you'll find forceps are handy for situations like this, as well as sewing your cats belly back up after an emergency C. section.
m
l
November 2, 2011 5:20:50 PM

Jordan_22 said:
I got past that part now it stays running the first time I got a message something about post or cmos or something then it restarted. still runs but nothing on my computer screen. I get one beep when starting up.

Does it say something like 'jumper A is on the reset pins. Move jumper A to the normal pins? If so, take the jumper off from the pins it's on amd put it on the pins next to them.
m
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
November 2, 2011 5:25:55 PM

1) Make sure your motherboard pins are correct. If you think they are correct, disconnect all of them except the power button. Try this just to make sure. I've seen people build and have the rest switch hooked to the wrong pins so it is constantly a closed circuit and keeps rebooting.
2) Is your CPU power connector connected? If this is your first go at building it is a lot of times missed. Basically not enough juice to your CPU.
3) remove everything that is not needed. Drives, cards, etc, and try to boot. Might be a faulty component.
November 2, 2011 5:34:29 PM

Thanks to all who replied. I actually got it I unplugged the video card and the power adapters to the motherboard and reseated the RAM, and wouldn't you know it, it worked.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 2, 2011 5:41:30 PM

awesome sauce.
m
l
November 2, 2011 5:42:22 PM

Best answer selected by jordan_22.
m
l