Update BIOS GA-990FXA-UD5

mohammed_43

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
Guys help me out I am noob, I want to update my BIOS because I have problem with my video card. My video card frizzing and lagging I try to update and I try old update but did not work. I use AMD fx- 3850

I use GA-990FXA-UD5

my video card is AMD 7770 1G

mohammed_43

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012

Well I juts updtae my BIOS it was 4 times behind the last virgin. I just install my Windows and I updated it, there is nothing about my video card drive I using 7770 AMD 1G from MSI. I update my video card drive did not solve my problem so I try to roll it back 2 virgin still did not work and by the way I am using 32 TV and my resolution setup to be 1360x768 ( I play FPS game and I use to play on my old laptop and ever had a lag ) I try alot I thought it was the BIOS and also if you can come here and help me with the other people to solve the lag please. In this link http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=33&post=380905&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
been looking at your other post and you cpu reading on temp are realy strange it would try to rma this one it could be part of your issue,also follow what other people ask you to do for test that will help to find what is causing the real issue.

chargeit

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Sorry for hitting a old post, but, I see that no one really answered this.

To update a Gigabyte motherboard bios with little pain, use their @bios program. You first want to download the bios you're intending to use, then unzip it. When you run the program, select the unzipped bios file.

Before doing this, insure that your system is stable. It might be a good idea to go into bios first, and set it to default, since it will reset your bios anyway.

I've used this feature a few times over 2 GB mobos, and never had a issue.

***I've got that same mobo, if it is Rev 3, like mine, then you should update to the latest beta bios. It will give you control over "APM". My version of that mobo would throttle my FX8320 at stock settings with the bios it came with. Now, it's a good oc'er (for the most part).