  • Customization
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 8, 2004 3:06:05 PM

Our MSDN Tablet PC media comes in two CD -
#1 - Windows XP
#2 - CMPNENTS for Tablet and Media Center

Question:

I have the XP SP2 downloaded, but how do I slipstream it properly to ONE cd
only?

Sorry if wrong group...

Thanks.

More about : tablet media slipstreamed

Anonymous
August 8, 2004 7:53:56 PM

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 11:06:05 -0500, Zane wrote:

> Our MSDN Tablet PC media comes in two CD -
> #1 - Windows XP
> #2 - CMPNENTS for Tablet and Media Center
>
> Question:
>
> I have the XP SP2 downloaded, but how do I slipstream it properly to ONE cd
> only?
>
> Sorry if wrong group...
>
> Thanks.

Two CDs or two folders in the same *.ISO? From what I understand (and I
could be wrong), the MSDN copy of XP Pro includes XP+tablet extensions+MCE
extensions and only installed what was supported on a particular hardware
platform. Perhaps one of the MSDN discussion groups would be a better place
to ask about this and they could direct you to that all inclusive download
(or disk from your MSDN collection).

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

I have slipstreamed the two CD into ONE and integrated SP2 into them - works
fine.

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 11:06:05 -0500, Zane wrote:
>
>> Our MSDN Tablet PC media comes in two CD -
>> #1 - Windows XP
>> #2 - CMPNENTS for Tablet and Media Center
>>
>> Question:
>>
>> I have the XP SP2 downloaded, but how do I slipstream it properly to ONE
>> cd
>> only?
>>
>> Sorry if wrong group...
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Two CDs or two folders in the same *.ISO? From what I understand (and I
> could be wrong), the MSDN copy of XP Pro includes XP+tablet extensions+MCE
> extensions and only installed what was supported on a particular hardware
> platform. Perhaps one of the MSDN discussion groups would be a better
> place
> to ask about this and they could direct you to that all inclusive download
> (or disk from your MSDN collection).
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 6:13:42 AM

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:21:15 -0500, Zane wrote:

> I have slipstreamed the two CD into ONE and integrated SP2 into them - works
> fine.

Saw your post in the Tablet PC newsgroup explaining a bit more about how
you did this. Am glad to see that you figured out a way to accomplish what
you wanted.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User