Issue with LCD TV connected to PC

afortiori

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
I know that the issue is the TV itself, and not strictly relating to this forum, however I think the solution may be found by changing my newbuild setup:

I currently have a Sony Bravia LCD TV connected to my PC via high quality HDMI cable (as well as a Monitor via VGA). At random moments, the colours on the LCD TV screen will become inverted, with garish green and pink replacing black and white. This is supposedly a common issue involving HDMI "handshakes".

The outputs available to me on my Sapphire HD6870 are a single DVI and an HDMI output. The other DVI port will not function; I believe this has something to do with it being a DVI-D...

I am positive the issue is where the HDMI cable meets the TV (the problem occurs with all 4 HDMI ports in the TV and there is no problem when connecting the TV via VGA through the DVI socket) so would I be right in assuming if I purchased an HDMI-VGA adaptor the issue would be resolved? (ie HDMI port on the HD6870 converted to VGA, connected to the TV)

afortiori

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Thanks for the vote of confidence badtaylorx. I got a local shop that does PC bric a brac, hopefully they should sort me out.
P.S: Nice rig!

afortiori

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Thanks for the reply khubani.
The fault only occurs when utilising the HDMI ports in the back of the TV: Fact
Logic dictates that if I bypass said ports, the problem will be solved.
Considering the widespread distribution of such lesser quality TV's in the last 8 months, it's probably worth figuring out a solution.