Solved

Gigabyte B75M-D3H help?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
  • Gigabyte
Last response: in Motherboards
December 5, 2012 9:51:17 PM

I recently bought the Gigabyte B75M-D3H for a budget gaming pc, and but now i've heard that you cannot overclock gpu on this board, is this true?
I have
i5-3470
powercolor radeon 7850
coolermaster GX 650w
I have pretty decent cooling from my fan, but only going to use the stockfan for cpu.
I wanted to overclock it from 860mhz to 1000mhz and 1200MHz memory to 1225mhz

I really want to know if i can overclock with this mobo? because i do not want to break my new mobo.

Will it just stop working once i overclock it?
new to pc hardware so plz help

More about : gigabyte b75m d3h

a c 208 V Motherboard
a c 143 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 10:28:40 PM

I am assuming you mean you want to overclock your Graphics card(powercolor HD7850)?

The B75 series mobos will not allow you to overclock your CPU but you can overclock a graphics card on any mobo, chipset is irrelevant.\

You can easily overclock your graphics card but exactly what model powercolor do you have? The Overclock you are aiming for is quite high and you wont achieve that much of an OC without a decent cooler on the GPU.

If you tell me your exact card model I can try and give you an idea of what kind of OC you can expect from your HD7850...
m
l
December 5, 2012 10:40:03 PM

Novuake said:
I am assuming you mean you want to overclock your Graphics card(powercolor HD7850)?

The B75 series mobos will not allow you to overclock your CPU but you can overclock a graphics card on any mobo, chipset is irrelevant.\

You can easily overclock your graphics card but exactly what model powercolor do you have? The Overclock you are aiming for is quite high and you wont achieve that much of an OC without a decent cooler on the GPU.

If you tell me your exact card model I can try and give you an idea of what kind of OC you can expect from your HD7850...

o i didn't know that, so I will be able to overclock my graphics card on this mobo, but just not the cpu, correct?
I have this model http://ncix.com/products/?sku=69558&promoid=1310

Case Im getting, heard it has decent cooling: http://ncix.com/products/sku=57910&vpn=Z9%20Plus&manufa...

Do you think i will kill my system if i overclock with this setup?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 208 V Motherboard
a c 143 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 11:05:15 PM

Unfortunately the card you have has an AMD reference cooler so it will not OC as well as some other third party coolers.

BUUT good news is according to this review you may be able to achieve a 20% OC with a reference cooler. A 20% OC equals a 10% improvement in some benchmarks and games.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-....

Do you know how to OC though? Each sample graphcis card is different even though they have exactly the same specs one may OC a lot less or a lot more than another.
The important part is to only increase the clockrate a bit at a time, testing by gaming or furmark between each increase. When you crash or get artifacts, add a little voltage and repeat the process. ALWAYS keep an eye on temperature, you don't want to go above 90 degrees C in benchmarks like furmark as this will damage the card.

By OCing the graphics card you only run the risk of damaging the card and maybe your powersupply(this is rare).

If you would like a better OC you could consider spending some money on a better aftermarket cooler for your card, but too be honest the more you OC the more the benefits start to diminish. You can achieve your 1200MHz OC if you ahve a good GPU sample.
December 5, 2012 11:15:48 PM

Hmm.. overclocking seems more confusing that what I had originally thought. I'm probably not going to overclock for awhile, or until I gain enough knowledge in this area, as I do not want to fry or damage my system. Thanks for the help!
m
l
December 5, 2012 11:15:57 PM

Best answer selected by Pcnoobie0418.
m
l
a c 208 V Motherboard
a c 143 K Overclocking
December 6, 2012 12:13:08 AM

pcnoobie0418 said:
Hmm.. overclocking seems more confusing that what I had originally thought. I'm probably not going to overclock for awhile, or until I gain enough knowledge in this area, as I do not want to fry or damage my system. Thanks for the help!

Good idea. There are many guides for OCing anything. Google is your friend. If you struggle. Post on toms and anyone will help you.
m
l
!