Fx 4100 idle problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMITH34901

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I couldn't find this anywhere so move it if necessary but i just recently built a new comp and I am running an FX-4100 on a Sabertooth 990 fx. It runs great except for one thing i have noticed the past couple of days. It won't underclock meaning that it is idling at 3.7 ghz. Is there an option that I am missing in order for it to underclock? Or does it just always idle high. Btw it isn't over clocked at all running stock.

Solution
If you installed ASUS EPU program, check that it is not set to High Performance Mode, but set to AUTO.
If that doesn't help, check if Cool and Quiet is enabled in the BIOS.

theDanijel

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
If you installed ASUS EPU program, check that it is not set to High Performance Mode, but set to AUTO.
If that doesn't help, check if Cool and Quiet is enabled in the BIOS.

Solution

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
mm stock clock is 3.6ghz though? LLC 4 might make your OC unstable (just 100mhz and great board... probably you won't have a problem. you should also consider bumping up the OC or removing it all together)

SMITH34901

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
epu was disabled and oc was set to manual thats why i was having troubles. Thank you Danijel. Yea the fx 4100 is stock clocked to 3.6ghz and with turbo boost will go to 3.7 and extreme turbo boost will go to 3.8. If i turned off turbo boost i could OC to 4ghz but i figured why put that much stress on it when im not benchmarking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.