Top ram for i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz and p8z68-v gen 3 mobo

Hello,

I want to know what DDR3 2000Mhz (PC3 16000) ram and faster will work for my system. I would like to run 16gb or more of this kind. :bounce:
7 answers Last reply
More about 2500k sandy bridge 3ghz p8z68 mobo
  1. RAM:G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-16GAB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231547#top

    RAM:CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M4A1600C9
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233197#top
  2. You could also buy 2x8
  3. bigcyco1 said:
    RAM:G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-16GAB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231547#top

    RAM:CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M4A1600C9
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233197#top



    I want faster than 1600mhz. i hope to buy 2000Mhz or better
  4. bezzly said:
    I want faster than 1600mhz. i hope to buy 2000Mhz or better
    oh o.k.
  5. Why do you need RAM of 2000mhz or more? Having high frequency ram doesn't have much uses, although it greatly benefits AMD's APU's but you stated you have intel so...
    Also, higher frequency ram has higher latencies.

    Just buy 1600mhz or 1866mhz ram and then spent the save money on a cpu cooler (or a better gpu or w/e) so you can overclock your cpu more and get overall better performance. Profit.
  6. rewben2 said:
    Why do you need RAM of 2000mhz or more? Having high frequency ram doesn't have much uses, although it greatly benefits AMD's APU's but you stated you have intel so...
    Also, higher frequency ram has higher latencies.

    Just buy 1600mhz or 1866mhz ram and then spent the save money on a cpu cooler (or a better gpu or w/e) so you can overclock your cpu more and get overall better performance. Profit.


    Great. What would be some 1866Mhz at 16gb i could use? Also i have a corsair h80. Can i oc with that?
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Sandy Bridge RAM Intel i5 Product