I want buy graphic card...

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2012 7:18:32 PM

hello
i want to buy a graphic card hd 6770 or GTS 450 and this Power Supply:

Is the power supply can hold the card together with the rest of the system?
What video card consumes less power during exercise?

thank you

the system:
Q6600 2.40GHZ
2GB RAM 800MHZ
MSI P43 NEO

More about : buy graphic card

February 2, 2012 7:47:11 PM

The HD 6670 uses about 125w under load, which shouldn't tax your power supply too much, assuming that you don't have like 10 hard drives installed.
February 2, 2012 8:03:17 PM

if you dont understand what you need/ why

tell people what you have/what you are going to get and how much you are willing to pay for it

"you can ask for the world but be careful because you just might get it"

do not buy that power supply

only ever buy well known brands or at the minimum 80 plus certificed power supplies

its very unlikely that power suply will output the power that it says it will, even if it does it's doubtful how clean the voltage will be or how long it will last

bassically because you are converting voltage's you want good quality components otherwise your components could get too much power (watts) and fry

£28 on scan for that brand power supply outputting 650watts sounds way to cheap

should be at least double that

Related resources
February 2, 2012 8:10:02 PM

i have never heard of EZcool. Reading about it on the net... mmm
I would rather get a new psu than risk frying all of my computer and my new gfx card with that cheap junk.
BTW, 6790 have the same price, get that better.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2012 3:51:09 PM

i am from Israel and prices in Israel Higher than the U.S.A by about 30%
Do you think if I buy HD6750 the PSU can hold the system?
a b ) Power supply
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 3, 2012 4:48:31 PM

vx53c said:
i have never heard of EZcool. Reading about it on the net... mmm
I would rather get a new psu than risk frying all of my computer and my new gfx card with that cheap junk.
BTW, 6790 have the same price, get that better.

I have and I've also melted at least three of them over the years. :whistle: 
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2012 5:01:59 PM

ezcool are pretty poor psu's they are often bundled with cheap cases that contain a psu. i havent seen 1 last more than 3 years b4 it died so i wouldnt recommend them to any 1. that 450w model came in my old xblade case and i ran an 88gt 6000x2 on it. 18 months after i sold it, it died. luckily it didnt take anything with it... at the time it seemed ok but it nearly caught fire when it did go... literally i couldnt touch it because the box was so hot.
a c 158 ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2012 5:09:52 PM

With the advertised combined 36A on the 12V rails, that PSU should be able to run a 6750 or a 6770. I can't speak to the reliability or quality of the PSU and it appears that the labeling is false or at least misleading.

I'm not sure if the rating EZCool is advertising is for Max power or continuous power. Some unscrupulous mfrs advertise Max power to inflate the ratings of their products...and the prices. There is definitely something off with their ratings.
For example:
1. They state 12A for 12V1 and 24A for 12V2 for 36a combined. 36A is 432W therefore the combined output capacity for the 12V rails should be 432W.
2. The 5V is rated at 21A...105W.
3. 3.3V is rated at 15A...49.5W.
4. You should be able to add these wattage ratings to get an approximate max power that the PSU can provide.

If you add all of those outputs you get 586.5W, yet the PSU label clearly states the max power is 434W.

I personally would not trust this PSU with my PC equipment. Are there other PSU options that are available to you?
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2012 7:04:12 PM

The power supplies Enermax NAXN 450W or Antec VP450 450Watt hold the graphic cards with the system? Not be a bottleneck with the processor?
a c 158 ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2012 7:22:57 PM

Both of those are quality PSU companies and either PSU would handle the 6770 that you want to use in your system.
!