Sabertooth 990FX Wont POST

ThomasH722

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I have been running this rig since January. Sabertooth 990FX, FX-8150, Corsair 750W PSU, XFX 6950 DD video card, 16GB GSkill Ripjaw Z (4x4), Intel 80GB SSD for OS, and an old Seagate 250GB for junk storage. Its been reliable since day one but Ive always wanted a little more out of it. The front panel died on my Antec 900 so I purchased a Cooler Master HAF X, FX-8350, and Hyper 212 CPU cooler. I swapped the internals from the 900 to the HAF X. I installed the CPU and cooler when I got the mobo out before I put it in the other case. I started the computer for the first time and no POST. My CPU_LED goes on and off normally, but I get no DRAM_LED or BOOT_DEVICE_LED. I have ran through the checklist a few times and still cant find anything wrong physically. Any ideas or known issues I could tackle before I start replacing parts?

ThomasH722

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I did more troubleshooting and I figured out my board would have to be replaced anyway. Apparently when I removed the 8150, because it was stuck to the HSF and came out as one assembly, it ruined the lock for the CPU. I didn't noticed while doing this on a flat surface, but I turned it upright and the CPU fell right off the board into my hand. Oh well, I was prepared to spend more money anyway. Thank for the reply. I'll have to check the bios on the new board when it gets here Friday.