Sign in with
Your question

Third time my RAID has failed

December 6, 2012 12:48:12 AM

This is the third time in as many months that my raid has failed. I have an Asus Rampage 4 Extreme Motherboard and have been using the onboard RAID function for two OCZ Agility 4 SSD's (2x 256GB) for my games.

When I unplugged the power to drop in a second Graphics Card, it failed, and when I unplugged it to do regular dust removal, it failed, and now, when i restarted my computer, it failed again! The board froze during post, and gave me an error code on the debug display (94) that translated to a PCI Bus Enumeration Issue, so i restarted it, and this time it informed me that Overclocking had failed, and when i went back into the BIOS, which has been flashed to the most up to date version only a week ago, It kindly informed me that my wonderful board had switched the SATA controller back to AHCI, and when I put it back into RAID mode, Intel's Rapid Storage manager kindly informs me that my RAID has failed.

I am... upset. It takes hours and hours to redownload and install all the games, and having this inconvenience happen every few weeks is, frankly, unacceptable. Any help is greatly appreciated, I am about to give up on raid and go waste money on a 512GB SSD and toss the other two in a drawer or try to sell them.

Specs for anyone who needs them:

Mobo: Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
CPU: i7-3930k
GPU: 2x Asus GTX 670's (DC2's)
PSU: OCZ ZX Series 1250W
RAM: 2x 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline
SSD1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 (windows only)
SSD2&3: 2x 256GB OCZ Agility 4 (IN RAID)
HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda

Thanks again, my wife is gonna kill me if i rant about this again

More about : time raid failed

!