Solved

IS my MOBA Bad?

So i just ordered a new hardrive motherboard and hardrive installed it all and when i turn it on i dont get anyything on my screen... when i look into the case every fan is running and the harddrives seem to boot up... could it be that my motherboard came bad from the factory?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about moba
  1. full system specs please!
  2. Current:
    Corsair Tx650 powersupply
    Amd Phenom ll x4 910 Processor 2.60Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    Have 1tb hardrive
    MOBA hrs880uATX:1.01

What im adding:
    Amd Fx 6-core 3.5Ghz Processor
    MOBA Gigabyte 970a-d3
    Adding a 120gb SSD
    CoolerMaster Evo Hyper 212 heat-sink

I think this is what you asked for.. sorry im kinda new

This is what i had in the computer for my test:
    Corsair Tx650 powersupply
    Amd Fx 6-core 3.5Ghz Processor
    MOBA Gigabyte 970a-d3
    Adding a 120gb SSD to my already existing 1tb harddrive
    CoolerMaster Evo Hyper 212 heat-sink
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
  3. can you enter BIOS? and have you made sure all the connections are proper? might want to check out the last link in my sig -> troubleshooting
  4. Best answer
    Here is what I see...
    Your new board supports the FX 6 core cpu...it is an AM3+ socket...
    It clearly states on the asus site that you need the latest bios...(f11) to support the new cpus.
    That said...check / update your bios and you should be good to go!...here is link to help..
    http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#bios

Hope this helps...JQ
  5. if OP is talking about adding vishera to his/her mobo then yeah this states that you'll need Bios updated to F11 in order to use that FX-...
    hang on you didn't even mention which FX you have.

please get back with the CPU's model number.
  6. but how do i load bios if it wont even get to that screen?
    im going to take it appart and look at my connections again
  7. that settles it, update to latest bios F11 - to get support for FX-6300.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#bios
    its an exe file so just boot into windows w/ prev known running hardware and run installer with elevated command. After bios update+windows reboot. Shutdpwn rig and pop FX-6300 back into mobo and volia.
  8. Lutfij said:
    that settles it, update to latest bios F11 - to get support for FX-6300.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#bios
    its an exe file so just boot into windows w/ prev known running hardware and run installer with elevated command. After bios update+windows reboot. Shutdpwn rig and pop FX-6300 back into mobo and volia.

so i download the drivers to .. where? my desktop??.... and then shudown computer.....replace the processor and turn it back on?
  9. Yeap thats how it goes. Best keep it stored on a drive allocated to your software and driver backups.
  10. How can i check to see if my bios where updated without having to switch the processors? or is trial and error the only way?
  11. there's a utility from gigabyte's site known as @bios - download that. It should verify if you have the latest update.
  12. When Upgrading Flash The Bios Next Time!!!
  13. Best answer selected by Asternine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Hard Drives