Sign in with
Your question

FX-8120 30c-55c @ 3.25V Is This Normal? Please Help Me

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2012 10:38:06 PM

I got a new power supply after my other fried my board has a 8 pin cpu power but 4 worked on the other so my new one has 2x 4 pin power it's the sqauar one i used 2 but now im using 1 it says 3.25V and the temp is extremly rising what do i do? it gets loud when it heats up but that might be my power or radeon 6870 (it's big so might speed up a bit)
a b à CPUs
a b ) Power supply
February 2, 2012 10:51:39 PM

Under what circumstances does it heat up? 55 is fine under CPU load (eg Prime95). If the noise occurs in gaming, it's probably the graphics card. You should be able to tell by taking off the side of the case and listening close up.
What's the model of the PSU?
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2012 11:08:04 PM

it wen't to i5c
power supply Thermaltake TR2 RX 750Q Bronze it's not under any load so it's scary and my internet explorer 9 keeps telling me about dumb certificate on evry website and im locked out of my own minecraft server cause of that u have a fix?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2012 11:22:49 PM

kajabla said:
Under what circumstances does it heat up? 55 is fine under CPU load (eg Prime95). If the noise occurs in gaming, it's probably the graphics card. You should be able to tell by taking off the side of the case and listening close up.
What's the model of the PSU?

the noise is my cpu fan, it sounds rattley
a b à CPUs
a b ) Power supply
February 3, 2012 12:00:06 AM

Fix: use Google Chrome.

Rattley? Did you attach it properly? Go look at the instructions. I'm assuming it's stock. It might be a good idea to get a decent third-party heatsink like the $20 Hyper TX3 or the $30 Hyper 212 Plus.
Generally good for CPU mounting: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...
a b à CPUs
February 3, 2012 12:54:24 AM

kajabla said:

Rattley? Did you attach it properly? Go look at the instructions. I'm assuming it's stock. It might be a good idea to get a decent third-party heatsink like the $20 Hyper TX3 or the $30 Hyper 212 Plus.
Generally good for CPU mounting: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

? well i don't know it sounds like the fan keeps moving really fast wiggling on the heatsink itself
a b à CPUs
a b ) Power supply
February 3, 2012 2:26:40 AM

Is it a stock sink? See what you can do with tape xD
a b à CPUs
February 3, 2012 3:48:04 AM

kajabla said:
Is it a stock sink? See what you can do with tape xD

it seems fine now but anyway the target voltage is 1.28V but it's 3.25V and hot what do i do!!!!!
is 1.325V to high?
a b à CPUs
a b ) Power supply
February 4, 2012 12:19:38 AM

Wait, wait. 3.25 or 1.325? The latter should be fine; the former should have fried your computer. You can change the voltage to 1.28 manually, though, in the BIOS. It should be a pretty easily accessible option.
a c 123 à CPUs
a b ) Power supply
February 4, 2012 3:06:10 AM

kajabla said:

Sorry but Google Chrome is a horrible browser. The errors may be date related. Need to make sure your date is correct as certs are active from one day to a certain date.

The CPU at 1.325v is fine, as is 55c. the stock heatsink is always loud, they are pretty crappy.
a b à CPUs
a b ) Power supply
February 4, 2012 4:15:39 AM

Then use Firefox. Whatever. Anything but IE.
a b à CPUs
February 4, 2012 9:58:51 PM

kajabla said:
Wait, wait. 3.25 or 1.325? The latter should be fine; the former should have fried your computer. You can change the voltage to 1.28 manually, though, in the BIOS. It should be a pretty easily accessible option.

What do you mean? I accedently made my cpu go to 1.8V for about 30 seconds.
a b à CPUs
a b ) Power supply
February 5, 2012 1:05:45 AM

I don't know if that should have broken it, but if it's working now don't worry about it.
!