Software to sync a V551?

Last response: in Technologies
Share
January 13, 2005 11:09:03 PM

Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
spending about $100 for Motorola's software?

Thanks... Fred

More about : software sync v551

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 12:46:48 PM

Thus spake Fred:
> Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop
> other than spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
>
> Thanks... Fred

Most USB BT dongles use the Widcomm stack that should do the trick - they
should available for less than a 3rd of that.
January 14, 2005 12:46:49 PM

What's that mean in english?

Fred

"Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Thus spake Fred:
> > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop
> > other than spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
> >
> > Thanks... Fred
>
> Most USB BT dongles use the Widcomm stack that should do the trick - they
> should available for less than a 3rd of that.

January 14, 2005 4:00:45 PM

In article <wXEFd.15566$B95.14126@lakeread02>,
"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
> spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
>
> Thanks... Fred

About $25 with USB cable on eBay. Search on V551 OEM USB Cable
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 4:39:03 PM

Thus spake Fred:
> What's that mean in english?
>
> Fred
>
> "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Thus spake Fred:
>>> Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop
>>> other than spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
>>>
>>> Thanks... Fred
>>
>> Most USB BT dongles use the Widcomm stack that should do the trick -
>> they should available for less than a 3rd of that.

Sorry, forgot you guys don't speak it ;)

BT = Bluetooth USB dongle, Stack refers to the supplied s/w & drivers.
However, the degree that the BT s/w itself alone can sync Outlook is rather
limited compared to the free Sony Ericsson s/w I use for my phone (which can
filter &/or allow which folder you can sync to. I've setup a 2nd addressbook
exclusively for my phone & leave my main one in Outlook untouched). I don't
know if there is some 3rd party stuff that is either cheaper or free as is
for SE phones.

--
Please don't thank people in advance, thanks them afterwards - other
people can also learn something, otherwise it's like shouting into a