Software to sync a V551?

Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
spending about $100 for Motorola's software?

Thanks... Fred
4 answers Last reply
More about software sync v551

    Thus spake Fred:
    > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop
    > other than spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
    >
    > Thanks... Fred

    Most USB BT dongles use the Widcomm stack that should do the trick - they
    should available for less than a 3rd of that.

    What's that mean in english?

    Fred

    "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Thus spake Fred:
    > > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop
    > > other than spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
    > >
    > > Thanks... Fred
    >
    > Most USB BT dongles use the Widcomm stack that should do the trick - they
    > should available for less than a 3rd of that.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    In article <wXEFd.15566$B95.14126@lakeread02>,
    "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
    > spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
    >
    > Thanks... Fred

    About $25 with USB cable on eBay. Search on V551 OEM USB Cable
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Thus spake Fred:
    > What's that mean in english?
    >
    > Fred
    >
    > "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> Thus spake Fred:
    >>> Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop
    >>> other than spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks... Fred
    >>
    >> Most USB BT dongles use the Widcomm stack that should do the trick -
    >> they should available for less than a 3rd of that.

    Sorry, forgot you guys don't speak it ;)

    BT = Bluetooth USB dongle, Stack refers to the supplied s/w & drivers.
    However, the degree that the BT s/w itself alone can sync Outlook is rather
    limited compared to the free Sony Ericsson s/w I use for my phone (which can
    filter &/or allow which folder you can sync to. I've setup a 2nd addressbook
    exclusively for my phone & leave my main one in Outlook untouched). I don't
    know if there is some 3rd party stuff that is either cheaper or free as is
    for SE phones.

    --
    Please don't thank people in advance, thanks them afterwards - other
    people can also learn something, otherwise it's like shouting into a

Bluetooth Software