Log on screen appears and I am the only user

I have had XP on this machine for two months, and when I boot up, windows
just opens to my account with a welcome screen. Now overnight something has
taken it upon itself to make the log on screen pop up. I am the only user on
this machine, and have only one user account. The guest account is disabled.
Now I have to click on my name before windows will start.

How can I fix this?

--

JP
jpilgrim@(NOSPAM)bellsouth.net

    1) Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
    2) In the list of users, select the username you want automatically logged on.
    3) Uncheck "Users must enter a username................"
    4) Click Apply.
    5) In the next dialog, enter the password for the account you selected in Step 2, if any.
    6) Ok your way out.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "JP" <jpilgrim@(NOSPAM)bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:hruRc.2984$un6.517@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
    >I have had XP on this machine for two months, and when I boot up, windows
    > just opens to my account with a welcome screen. Now overnight something has
    > taken it upon itself to make the log on screen pop up. I am the only user on
    > this machine, and have only one user account. The guest account is disabled.
    > Now I have to click on my name before windows will start.
    >
    > How can I fix this?
    >
    > --
    >
    > JP
    > jpilgrim@(NOSPAM)bellsouth.net

    Is there a way to make the command line or run dialog launch, say, MS Word
    if I type "Word", or remote desktop connection if I type "rdesk"?

    -Jonathan

Configuration Customization Windows XP