Log on screen appears and I am the only user

jp

I have had XP on this machine for two months, and when I boot up, windows
just opens to my account with a welcome screen. Now overnight something has
taken it upon itself to make the log on screen pop up. I am the only user on
this machine, and have only one user account. The guest account is disabled.
Now I have to click on my name before windows will start.

How can I fix this?

--

JP
jpilgrim@(NOSPAM)bellsouth.net

1) Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
2) In the list of users, select the username you want automatically logged on.
3) Uncheck "Users must enter a username................"
4) Click Apply.
5) In the next dialog, enter the password for the account you selected in Step 2, if any.
6) Ok your way out.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"JP" <jpilgrim@(NOSPAM)bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:hruRc.2984$un6.517@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
>I have had XP on this machine for two months, and when I boot up, windows
> just opens to my account with a welcome screen. Now overnight something has
> taken it upon itself to make the log on screen pop up. I am the only user on
> this machine, and have only one user account. The guest account is disabled.
> Now I have to click on my name before windows will start.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> --
>
> JP
> jpilgrim@(NOSPAM)bellsouth.net

Jonathan

Is there a way to make the command line or run dialog launch, say, MS Word
if I type "Word", or remote desktop connection if I type "rdesk"?

-Jonathan