Sign in with
Your question

Headphones cause games not to load

Last response: in Systems
November 2, 2011 11:02:49 PM

Hi. I am not sure exactly where to ask this. I have a Cyberpower PC that I got earlier this year. I have been using the same cheap $30 headphones for 3 or 4 years with no problems. The fake leather is starting to crack so I decided to get a new pair.

I did some research and asked around and decided on the Logitech G35s. My old pair plugged into the headphone and mic plugs. My G35s plug into a USB. Well when I plug the G35s in my games won't launch. I unplug them and plug the new ones in, reboot and everything works.

When I installed the G35s I did install the drivers that came with the disk.

Any ideas what I can do to remedy this?

Much thanks.

More about : headphones games load

November 3, 2011 1:45:03 AM

Quote:
Well when I plug the G35s in my games won't launch. I unplug them and plug the new ones in, reboot and everything works.

Some parts are confusing me. When you plug in your G35 you can't open games. When you plug in your G35 and reboot then it works? or do you mean your old headset works? Either way a headset shouldn't prevent a game from loading. Are there any error pop ups?
m
l
November 3, 2011 12:50:49 PM

crewton said:
Quote:
Well when I plug the G35s in my games won't launch. I unplug them and plug the new ones in, reboot and everything works.

Some parts are confusing me. When you plug in your G35 you can't open games. When you plug in your G35 and reboot then it works? or do you mean your old headset works? Either way a headset shouldn't prevent a game from loading. Are there any error pop ups?

Hi, sorry for being so confusing. Whenever the G35s are plugged in games won't load. By that I mean, I double click the icon and the game load process starts up but it always freezes mid load. It never makes it to any of the game menu screens. I have tried 4 different games. If I then unplug the G35s and plug in my old headphones it works fine. I rebooted both times I tested this but I am not sure if that really matters.

Also, the old set plugs into the round headphones and microphones plugs. The G35s plug into a USB.

Thanks.
m
l
November 3, 2011 1:41:49 PM

Have you tried different USB slots? It could be a conflict with your graphics driver and usb driver as they sometimes share an IRQ channel. You can also update your drivers and see if that fixes anything.
m
l
Related resources
!