GPU Saphire HD 6970
MOTHERBOARD ASUS Sabertooth
PSU OCZ ATX 750w
RAM G Skill Ripjaw 8gb
HDD Samsung Spinpoint 1tb
SDD OCZ 60gb
Rad/CPU Block Coarsair h100
Monitor ASUS VE248H - 24"

I can get all of this for £1150 (Lots Of shopping around)

will this be good enough for the following :
Gaming (Yes... BF3 on ultra)
Video editing (Sony vegas)
CAD (Cinima 4d, magic 3d)
Music (Fl studio, cubase, bla bla bla)

This is my first build, and want it to be as tydee as possible.

any advice will be good.
Also The CHEAPEST place to buy 64 bit win 7 ?

Thankyou guys/Girls

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Build looks great and will handle your needs. Just making sure that your cpu is the i7 2600k. Make sure you are buying the "k" otherwise you can't overclock it.

Not sure why but in the big review it seems like the ATI cards poop the bed with all ultra settings. Glad too see you didn't move to the 570 384-bit. I really like the 480 Better hardware as it was (is) a true highend card. Have you overvolted yet ?

Sorry about the threadjack.

Nice build OP

lampielex

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Thanks for replys. Could you recomend a GPU to run bf on ultra for around 200-250 ++ do everything else i need.
Im hearing that that game is a monster when it comes to graphics and eating them :)

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
The chips are all the same, the only difference is in the cooling design, their clock settings, and warranties. I went with the MSI for their cooling but it's more expensive than the evga but evga has a lifetime warranty so basically it boils down to what you want in a card and which brand you like.

g-unit1111

Titan

$99 ($103 w/shipping) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

The chips are all the same, the only difference is in the cooling design, their clock settings, and warranties. I went with the MSI for their cooling but it's more expensive than the evga but evga has a lifetime warranty so basically it boils down to what you want in a card and which brand you like.

Yup - same chips and everything. Some brands are way better than others but in the end it really boils down to personal preference. Do your research.

Also the Corsair H100 is nice but if you're a beginner I'd really recommend an air cooler over anything else - try the Noctua D14.

And stay away from OCZ SSDs - go with the Crucial M4 instead.

lampielex

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hi again,
thankyou for all your help. will see what i end up getting.

im not installing it my uncle is, and i went for WC because i need it to be silent (ish)

Cheerz

TRENDING THREADS