Please help me, if you can;

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 2, 2011 11:57:33 PM

Please kindly bare with me. I may not have all the fact's, but I think I know what i want, thus, need people like YOU - out there to help me, eventually try to narrow down (something) that'll work, ie: desktop, and then see how we can then price it, even if I gotta buy each item individually and separately, hence, laying out each like piece's unto a puzzle, then when I've got them all, THEN, I'll move to (?) next step of getting it together. I know, I know, sorry.

I (think?) I change my mind, hhmm . . . I think: AMD FX 8-Core Processor, just may be more nicer, cooler, bitchin than: AMD Phenom X4 9950. Sigh. But here's the thing, it is the processor that I care about the most. WHATEVER - MINIMAL it takes of the other item's (inside the case / tower) for it to work, is fine with me. Minimal and reasonably priced, even if I have to buy each inidividually, and over some time, as I'm low income, but am tech oriented and know what I personally need and seek, thus, as I get each item, I'll set it in a area in my apt, like piece's to a puzzle. And when I'have gotten all, I will THEN deal with (?) step, I know, I know, I'm just saying. Sigh . . .

I could be wrong or off, but this initally is what I found on AMD's website, just for info review, just saying:

Processor AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition
Model FX-8150
OPN Tray FD8150FRW8KGU
OPN PIB FD8150FRGUBOX
Operating Mode 32 Bit Yes
Operating Mode 64 Bit Yes
Revision B2
Base Speed (MHz) 3600
Boost Speed (MHz) 4200
Voltages
Max Temps (C) 61'C
Wattage 125 W
AMD Virtualization Technology Yes
L1 Cache Size (KB)
L1 Cache Count
L2 Cache Size (KB) 1000
L2 Cache Count 8
L3 Cache Size (KB)
CMOS 32nm
Socket AM3+
AMD Business Class No
Black Edition No

That make sense (above)?

For a desktop, not a laptop. Just so we're clear on that.

Of course, I 'get' it that it matters about the accompanying motherboard,not sure on the motherboard for: AMD FX 8-Core Processor.

Why above processor? Sigh, too long to go into, which I am not gonna go into; moving on . . .

As far as the other item's, what I meant is, the minimal range (they) must be, in order to work with (above) processor < thaat simple. I don't care what company, brand name, just the minimal range they must be, and LATER, I'll do a price search, as the price can be for minimal and generic, as I can always upgrade those 'other' item's later.

Be it: Ram / Memory stick's (into slot's) and Video card, or onboard graphics chip. Minimal size, misc as I can always upgrade later.
As far as: Hard drive < forget this, I got that handled, hence, Samsung 100 gb from old one into a new one; never mind, trust me, I got that dealt with. In addintion to Samsung internal drive I am gonna unscrew out = extract and put in new case/tower, I also have 2 external Maxtor drive's: one with backed up windows xp home O.S., and the other external Maxtor drive with My Doc's, video's, picture's, misc, you know. And note regardless, I never keep my external's plugged in; when I do a back up on each, when need be, I go off web, closing web portal door, as hacker's can't hurt what's not plugged in the pc. When I'm done backing up, I unplug external's THEN I can go back on web. And yes, I got security software, never mind, trust me, I got this, iight.

Optical drive - I'll probably want 2 dvd / cd drive's installed in case / tower, PLUS, a floppy drive (regardless, I know, but still, period).

Case / tower, misc < uh, this is a no brainer, come on, I meant other stuff, you know.

Power supply ?; speak more word’s on, like what?

External peripherals, ie monitor, keyboard and mouse. Never mind these, I got these taken care of, trust me.
Also, I heard something about a 'thermal' type thingy back in the day, like a fan or (?), which can really help keep inside's nice, comfy and cool. I thought was kinda cool; plus, I'll want a couple additional than the standard amount of little fan's < I know, I know, just want to keep inside's comfy and cool. Sigh, I know, just kindly hear me please . . . sigh.

http://products.amd.com/en-na/comparison/DesktopCPU.asp...

huh, AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition is a single core, but says:
Up to 3.6 GHz / Up to 5200 MHz / Up to 1000 KB / Up to 0 KB per core / 125W / AM3+

While: AMD Phenom II X6 Black says -
Six-Core Up to 3 GHz / Up to 4000 MHz / Up to 512 KB / Up to 128 KB per core / 125W / AM3

Sigh, so, huh, I ask myself, should I go with the 8-core or X6 above?

More about : question

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
November 3, 2011 12:16:21 AM

It would help if you used the format suggested at the top of the forum
0
November 3, 2011 12:50:25 AM

sorry, but I couldn't just put my inquiry anywhere. I wish, as it wasn't where I wanted to put it. If you can help me, fine, thank you. otherwise, happy thanksgiving to you and yours. Good day.
0
November 7, 2011 12:01:40 AM

So basically you want us to give you a list of component and best price for a new build with AMD?

Sorry, it is difficult to decipher what you wrote.

We are not a chatty bunch and the best want we can help you is if you talk like the majority of the people here so that we can help you.
0
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
November 7, 2011 1:15:17 AM

You should never post your email address in an open forum. Email address removed by moderator.

Your inquiry is in the right place, but it is really ... wordy.

Boiled down, you want a system with the FX8150, and cheap as possible motherboard, memory, video card, optical drives, floppy disk, PSU, and case.

You don't need keyboard, monitor, and mouse.

See? Much quicker. Still not good though. You need to give a realistic budget. "As cheap as possible" is not a good guideline.

And:
"And note regardless, I never keep my external's plugged in; when I do a back up on each, when need be, I go off web, closing web portal door, as hacker's can't hurt what's not plugged in the pc."

Not true. It is, however, a good idea to unplug externals when you do not need them, but not for that reason.
0
November 7, 2011 8:17:18 PM

. . . uh, what you say? YES, exactly for that reason; you ill kidding me. ??? hacker's, etc ain't, nor can they contaminate, etc, hence, get to, THAT, which is not plugged in to pc/computer, and yes, I got great security software, thus, I know how to watch my own ass re: dealing with - handling my own stuff. Ugh, whatever, 'as you were' . . .

jsc said:
You should never post your email address in an open forum. Email address removed by moderator.

Your inquiry is in the right place, but it is really ... wordy.

Boiled down, you want a system with the FX8150, and cheap as possible motherboard, memory, video card, optical drives, floppy disk, PSU, and case.

You don't need keyboard, monitor, and mouse.

See? Much quicker. Still not good though. You need to give a realistic budget. "As cheap as possible" is not a good guideline.

And:
"And note regardless, I never keep my external's plugged in; when I do a back up on each, when need be, I go off web, closing web portal door, as hacker's can't hurt what's not plugged in the pc."

Not true. It is, however, a good idea to unplug externals when you do not need them, but not for that reason.

0
November 7, 2011 8:32:53 PM

. . . well, here's what (Chris) shared with me, though I'm still alittle confused -