What cable to use for my monitor to graphics card.

jubapro

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
So currently I have this rather old Acer X191W Monitor and thank god it has a DVI-D port in it. (I've been using the VGA port for my current computer until I build my new one in a few days.)

The graphics card I currently have is the EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130651
and I've been wondering what cable I should use for it to connect to my monitor.

I have been doing some research and came up with a DVI-D Dual-Link Digital Cable. Which I'm guessing it has two DVI-I heads on one end and a single DVI-D head on the other. Are there any recommendations on which cable I should be using? I currently have one DVI-D Single Link (On both ends) cable and I don't think it would work with the graphics card, not entirely sure as I have not tested it.

Would I need the double headed one for the graphics card? Or does it only need to have one DVI-I to DVI-D cable (instead of the dual headed one.)?

Thanks for helping me :D

rockyjohn

Distinguished
Or stick with using your current VGA cable - I doubt you will notice much difference with DVI. If possible, you might try to borrow a DVI cable and see if you do notice any difference before prchasing another cable.