Text message cost?

Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T and
they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if Cingular
charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about text message cost

    S. wrote:
    > Sorry, I meant to type FORMERLY!
    > "S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T
    > > and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
    > > Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks

    Cingular charges for outgoing and incoming text and picture messages
    unless you have a text or pic plan then they will count against that
    plans bucket of messages.

    Sorry, I meant to type FORMERLY!
    "S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T
    > and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
    > Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks

    "S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T
    > and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
    > Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks

    I remained on my ATTWS plan and I still receive messages for free. My
    understanding is that Cingular will not offer free incoming messages if
    ATTWS customers eventually "upgrade" to Cingular plans.

    When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already provides me
    with all of my other communications services.

    "Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"

    "Jeremy" <jeremy@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T
    >> and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
    >> Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks
    >>

    > I remained on my ATTWS plan and I still receive messages for free. My
    > understanding is that Cingular will not offer free incoming messages if
    > ATTWS customers eventually "upgrade" to Cingular plans.
    >
    > When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already provides
    > me with all of my other communications services.
    >
    > "Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"

    Can you think of a more elegantly deceptive way to charge twice for the same
    service?

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:57:17 GMT, "Jeremy" <jeremy@nospam.com> wrote:

    >When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already provides me
    >with all of my other communications services.
    >
    >"Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"

    You evidently didn't see that Verizon is raising their text message
    costs in August. Enjoy your discount for another month.

    - -

    No different than counting incoming and outgoing phone minutes is it?

    Fred

    Fred Wrote:
    > No different than counting incoming and outgoing phone minutes is it?
    >
    > Fred
    >
    > "Ric Kaysen" rdkaysen@optonline.net wrote in message
    >
    > "Jeremy" jeremy@nospam.com wrote in message
    >
    > "S." someone@nospam.com wrote in message
    > Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally
    > on---
    > AT&T---
    > and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering
    > if
    > Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks
    > -
    >
    > I remained on my ATTWS plan and I still receive messages for free.
    > My
    > understanding is that Cingular will not offer free incoming messages
    > if
    > ATTWS customers eventually "upgrade" to Cingular plans.
    >
    > When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already
    > provides
    > me with all of my other communications services.
    >
    > "Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"-
    >

    > Can you think of a more elegantly deceptive way to charge twice for
    > the-
    > same-
    > service?
    >
    > -

    That's a rip off. If that happen in Europe, the regulator would fine
    the network provider rather a lot of dough. The regulator has already
    reduced roaming termination charges when travelling abroad. We only
    pay for incomming and outgoing calls (voice, sms, mms) when roaming.
    Don't you have a regulator for that (FCC???)
    Cheers
    Kevbert

    --
    Kevbert

    Yea and if they dared to charge for incoming calls in Europe... News
    Flash: This isn't Europe.

    Fred

    "Kevbert" <Kevbert.1qz3ed@mobile-forum.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Fred Wrote:
    > > No different than counting incoming and outgoing phone minutes is it?
    > >
    > > Fred
    > >
    > > "Ric Kaysen" rdkaysen@optonline.net wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Jeremy" jeremy@nospam.com wrote in message
    > >
    > > "S." someone@nospam.com wrote in message
    > > Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally
    > > on---
    > > AT&T---
    > > and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering
    > > if
    > > Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks
    > > -
    > >
    > > I remained on my ATTWS plan and I still receive messages for free.
    > > My
    > > understanding is that Cingular will not offer free incoming messages
    > > if
    > > ATTWS customers eventually "upgrade" to Cingular plans.
    > >
    > > When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already
    > > provides
    > > me with all of my other communications services.
    > >
    > > "Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"-
    > >

    > > Can you think of a more elegantly deceptive way to charge twice for
    > > the-
    > > same-
    > > service?
    > >
    > > -
    >
    > That's a rip off. If that happen in Europe, the regulator would fine
    > the network provider rather a lot of dough. The regulator has already
    > reduced roaming termination charges when travelling abroad. We only
    > pay for incomming and outgoing calls (voice, sms, mms) when roaming.
    > Don't you have a regulator for that (FCC???)
    > Cheers
    > Kevbert
    >

    > --
    > Kevbert

Cingular At&T Internet Service Providers