  • At&T
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
June 18, 2005 7:23:58 PM

Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T and
they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if Cingular
charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks

More about : text message cost

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 7:23:59 PM

S. wrote:
> Sorry, I meant to type FORMERLY!
> "S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T
> > and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
> > Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks

Cingular charges for outgoing and incoming text and picture messages
unless you have a text or pic plan then they will count against that
plans bucket of messages.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 7:25:29 PM

Sorry, I meant to type FORMERLY!
"S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T
> and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
> Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks

Related resources
June 20, 2005 5:57:17 PM

"S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T
> and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
> Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks

I remained on my ATTWS plan and I still receive messages for free. My
understanding is that Cingular will not offer free incoming messages if
ATTWS customers eventually "upgrade" to Cingular plans.

When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already provides me
with all of my other communications services.

"Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:45:30 PM

"Jeremy" <jeremy@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on AT&T
>> and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
>> Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks
>>

> I remained on my ATTWS plan and I still receive messages for free. My
> understanding is that Cingular will not offer free incoming messages if
> ATTWS customers eventually "upgrade" to Cingular plans.
>
> When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already provides
> me with all of my other communications services.
>
> "Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"

Can you think of a more elegantly deceptive way to charge twice for the same
service?
June 21, 2005 4:18:10 AM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:57:17 GMT, "Jeremy" <jeremy@nospam.com> wrote:

>When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already provides me
>with all of my other communications services.
>
>"Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"

You evidently didn't see that Verizon is raising their text message
costs in August. Enjoy your discount for another month.

- -
June 21, 2005 6:47:15 AM

No different than counting incoming and outgoing phone minutes is it?

Fred

"Ric Kaysen" <rdkaysen@optonline.net> wrote in message

> "Jeremy" <jeremy@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "S." <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally on
AT&T
> >> and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering if
> >> Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks
> >>

> > I remained on my ATTWS plan and I still receive messages for free. My
> > understanding is that Cingular will not offer free incoming messages if
> > ATTWS customers eventually "upgrade" to Cingular plans.
> >
> > When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already provides
> > me with all of my other communications services.
> >
> > "Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"
>

> Can you think of a more elegantly deceptive way to charge twice for the
same
> service?

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:28:14 PM

Fred Wrote:
> No different than counting incoming and outgoing phone minutes is it?
>
> Fred
>
> "Ric Kaysen" rdkaysen@optonline.net wrote in message
>
> "Jeremy" jeremy@nospam.com wrote in message
>
> "S." someone@nospam.com wrote in message
> Does Cingular charge to receive text messages? I was formerally
> on---
> AT&T---
> and they only charged to send text messages. I was just wondering
> if
> Cingular charges to send & receive or just send. Thanks
> -
>
> I remained on my ATTWS plan and I still receive messages for free.
> My
> understanding is that Cingular will not offer free incoming messages
> if
> ATTWS customers eventually "upgrade" to Cingular plans.
>
> When I'm ready to upgrade, it will be with Verizon, who already
> provides
> me with all of my other communications services.
>
> "Cingular--Raising The Bar. Raising Your Prices!"-
>

> Can you think of a more elegantly deceptive way to charge twice for
> the-
> same-
> service?
>
> -

That's a rip off. If that happen in Europe, the regulator would fine
the network provider rather a lot of dough. The regulator has already
reduced roaming termination charges when travelling abroad. We only
pay for incomming and outgoing calls (voice, sms, mms) when roaming.
Don't you have a regulator for that (FCC???)
Cheers
Kevbert

--
Kevbert
June 22, 2005 2:53:37 AM

Yea and if they dared to charge for incoming calls in Europe... News
Flash: This isn't Europe.

Fred

!