What is the best agp graphics card i can get for now?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hello,
id like to point out that my system has a pentium 4 1.4 ghz willamette processor, 768 mb of ram, a dvd burner, a cd burner, and an AGP-4X nVidia GeForce 2 mx/mx 400 64 mb graphics card all running on an ECS M920 Motherboard with bios version 7.00T. What is the BEST video card upgrade i can get?And please dont tell me i have to upgrade, i dont want to spend like $2000 for a gaming pc. I'd rather just upgrade what i have for now. oh and by the way , im running Windows 7 Ultimate x86/32-bit

4745454b

Titan
It would run, but I still don't understand why MS made a 32bit version of Ultimate. I also don't understand why all these people come here saying they have the ultimate version. I'm pretty sure they pirated it.

The 4650 or 4670 is the fastest AGP card. But if you aren't gaming and have that slow of a CPU there is little point in getting one. Just get some 6200 or some such card and call it good.

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011

really? u r the troll here. if im looking for sumthing, why would i troll? i'll upload a picture of my system info if u want me to.
then we'll see who's the retard.

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011

thanks a lot. i'll remeber to reply to ur threads

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011

this is the 1 i looked up and i'm getting a deal for 40$ on it.

Look, ill go along with it because your so sure your not being a troll. I have seen better computers running win7 with 1gb ram and it runs like crap, let alone trying to run any game on top of that, it wont be playable no matter what video card you put in there. Even winxp doesn't run well with less than 1gb ram, that is what you should upgrade first. What games are you even trying to play? let us know that and you will get a recommendation. I suggest you ditch win7 and install XP, everything will run a lot better on an old system like that.

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

yes u r correct,no windows 7 version runs on that old rig :sol:

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011

look man im not trying to be stupid or sumthing but im only 14 and my dad is a computer programmer, he's the 1 that told me to see if it works. it works great, heck, it's not that slow because i have DDR memory so obviously it would be a little faster than expected, but im 100% sure it works perfect. im using that computer to play gta vice city and unreal tournament 2004 (love those games!) and they work great without lag. by the way that card is 100% compatible with my system and i know some people with the same computer specs as mine (p4 willy) that say its works good.

go onto ebay and find yourself an ati 9800gt or geforce 4 series card (not the mx versions they are re-badged geforce 2 cards) if you really want to go ahead with this. dont bother buying new because you will spend more money than what its worth to upgrad a system that we would throw in the bin at work. if you come out the back of my work you will find a huge metal recycling cage full of old computers that would be an upgrade to what you have, feel free to take whatever parts you like.

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011

where do u work?????[hehehehehehe....] im considering this. ;)

4745454b

Titan
The forums at HardOCP have a thread on dumpster diving. Basically it varies wildly from state to state, and even from city to city in the state. In many cases whatever is throw out is considered abandoned UNLESS there is a lock. In every case if there is a lock to the area or on the dumpster itself you would be breaking the law. Many cities and counties however have laws in place to prevent dumpster diving so while it might be legal in your state, your city or county might say otherwise.

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
holy *** man, these stupid governments...theres a law for DUMPSTER DIVING? they seriously overthink things.
by the way where do u live, if you live in ontario, canada near brampton, then maybe i'll try, because i live there to.

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011

actually for some reason i have a 400 watt power supply and i use only like 260 watts from it. now i know its good to have a proper power supply...

gamer344

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011

im trying to get my dad to buy ma an agp version of the geforce 6200. if this card can work on my computer please let me know because i dont want to end up paying for something incompatible on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS