Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

What is the best agp graphics card i can get for now?????

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 5, 2011 5:59:52 PM

Hello,
id like to point out that my system has a pentium 4 1.4 ghz willamette processor, 768 mb of ram, a dvd burner, a cd burner, and an AGP-4X nVidia GeForce 2 mx/mx 400 64 mb graphics card all running on an ECS M920 Motherboard with bios version 7.00T. What is the BEST video card upgrade i can get?And please dont tell me i have to upgrade, i dont want to spend like $2000 for a gaming pc. I'd rather just upgrade what i have for now. oh and by the way , im running Windows 7 Ultimate x86/32-bit

More about : agp graphics card

a c 171 U Graphics card
September 6, 2011 2:37:39 AM

what a load of crap, your not running win 7 ultimate, it wouldnt even run properly with 768mb ram. Obviously just a troll thread.
Score
0
Related resources
a c 171 U Graphics card
September 6, 2011 3:03:24 AM

It would run, but I still don't understand why MS made a 32bit version of Ultimate. I also don't understand why all these people come here saying they have the ultimate version. I'm pretty sure they pirated it.

The 4650 or 4670 is the fastest AGP card. But if you aren't gaming and have that slow of a CPU there is little point in getting one. Just get some 6200 or some such card and call it good.
Score
0
September 8, 2011 12:51:13 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
what a load of crap, your not running win 7 ultimate, it wouldnt even run properly with 768mb ram. Obviously just a troll thread.

really? u r the troll here. if im looking for sumthing, why would i troll? i'll upload a picture of my system info if u want me to.
then we'll see who's the retard.
Score
0
a c 171 U Graphics card
September 8, 2011 12:59:16 AM

Your 1.4GHz willy is no match for that card. A 1GHz P3 is faster then that CPU. I would not get a $100 GPU to pair with a CPU that slow. And because its AGP you can't move it over to a new rig. I would get a weaker card.
Score
0
a c 171 U Graphics card
September 8, 2011 3:08:56 AM

gamer344 said:
really? u r the troll here. if im looking for sumthing, why would i troll? i'll upload a picture of my system info if u want me to.
then we'll see who's the retard.

Look, ill go along with it because your so sure your not being a troll. I have seen better computers running win7 with 1gb ram and it runs like crap, let alone trying to run any game on top of that, it wont be playable no matter what video card you put in there. Even winxp doesn't run well with less than 1gb ram, that is what you should upgrade first. What games are you even trying to play? let us know that and you will get a recommendation. I suggest you ditch win7 and install XP, everything will run a lot better on an old system like that.
Score
0
September 8, 2011 8:17:25 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
Look, ill go along with it because your so sure your not being a troll. I have seen better computers running win7 with 1gb ram and it runs like crap, let alone trying to run any game on top of that, it wont be playable no matter what video card you put in there. Even winxp doesn't run well with less than 1gb ram, that is what you should upgrade first. What games are you even trying to play? let us know that and you will get a recommendation. I suggest you ditch win7 and install XP, everything will run a lot better on an old system like that.



yes u r correct,no windows 7 version runs on that old rig :sol: 
Score
0
September 10, 2011 12:52:13 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
Look, ill go along with it because your so sure your not being a troll. I have seen better computers running win7 with 1gb ram and it runs like crap, let alone trying to run any game on top of that, it wont be playable no matter what video card you put in there. Even winxp doesn't run well with less than 1gb ram, that is what you should upgrade first. What games are you even trying to play? let us know that and you will get a recommendation. I suggest you ditch win7 and install XP, everything will run a lot better on an old system like that.

look man im not trying to be stupid or sumthing but im only 14 and my dad is a computer programmer, he's the 1 that told me to see if it works. it works great, heck, it's not that slow because i have DDR memory so obviously it would be a little faster than expected, but im 100% sure it works perfect. im using that computer to play gta vice city and unreal tournament 2004 (love those games!) and they work great without lag. by the way that card is 100% compatible with my system and i know some people with the same computer specs as mine (p4 willy) that say its works good.
Score
0
a c 171 U Graphics card
September 10, 2011 1:43:44 AM

go onto ebay and find yourself an ati 9800gt or geforce 4 series card (not the mx versions they are re-badged geforce 2 cards) if you really want to go ahead with this. dont bother buying new because you will spend more money than what its worth to upgrad a system that we would throw in the bin at work. if you come out the back of my work you will find a huge metal recycling cage full of old computers that would be an upgrade to what you have, feel free to take whatever parts you like.
Score
0
September 11, 2011 3:53:45 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
go onto ebay and find yourself an ati 9800gt or geforce 4 series card (not the mx versions they are re-badged geforce 2 cards) if you really want to go ahead with this. dont bother buying new because you will spend more money than what its worth to upgrad a system that we would throw in the bin at work. if you come out the back of my work you will find a huge metal recycling cage full of old computers that would be an upgrade to what you have, feel free to take whatever parts you like.

where do u work?????[hehehehehehe....] im considering this. ;) 
Score
0
September 11, 2011 3:56:43 AM

by the way, if i do come and pick up those parts, will they work and will they let me take those parts or would it be trespassing or something????
Score
0
a c 171 U Graphics card
September 11, 2011 4:02:59 AM

The forums at HardOCP have a thread on dumpster diving. Basically it varies wildly from state to state, and even from city to city in the state. In many cases whatever is throw out is considered abandoned UNLESS there is a lock. In every case if there is a lock to the area or on the dumpster itself you would be breaking the law. Many cities and counties however have laws in place to prevent dumpster diving so while it might be legal in your state, your city or county might say otherwise.
Score
0
a c 171 U Graphics card
September 11, 2011 5:55:39 AM

i doubt you live in the same country as me so the cost of the flight would outweigh the cost of free parts.
Score
0
September 11, 2011 3:27:33 PM

holy *** man, these stupid governments...theres a law for DUMPSTER DIVING? they seriously overthink things.
by the way where do u live, if you live in ontario, canada near brampton, then maybe i'll try, because i live there to.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
September 11, 2011 4:09:55 PM

Given your system specs there is a 0% chance of you having a good enough power supply to run that card.
Score
0
September 15, 2011 8:42:54 PM

benski said:
Given your system specs there is a 0% chance of you having a good enough power supply to run that card.

actually for some reason i have a 400 watt power supply and i use only like 260 watts from it. now i know its good to have a proper power supply...
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
September 15, 2011 10:53:44 PM

That's cool. Did you end up getting the 4670? If so what games are you able to play on your 1.4ghz pentium 4?
Score
0
September 17, 2011 12:19:03 PM

benski said:
That's cool. Did you end up getting the 4670? If so what games are you able to play on your 1.4ghz pentium 4?

im trying to get my dad to buy ma an agp version of the geforce 6200. if this card can work on my computer please let me know because i dont want to end up paying for something incompatible on my computer
Score
0
!