"Clicking" sound // viewing files as list

1. Everytime I click on something, whether it is in a
folder or on the Internet, it makes this really
annoying "click" sound. If I make my music louder, the
click sound gets louder. I just want to turn off that
annoying noise. Any hints?

2. I like to view my FILES (not folders) as a list. They
are defaulted as tiles (I think) and everytime I change
the folders they don't "stick." I made the default for
all of my folders "list" but it made EVERYTHING a list -
I just want the files, not folders, drives, etc...

Thanks,
Lindsey

Lindsey wrote:
> 1. Everytime I click on something, whether it is in a
> folder or on the Internet, it makes this really
> annoying "click" sound. If I make my music louder, the
> click sound gets louder. I just want to turn off that
> annoying noise. Any hints?
>
> 2. I like to view my FILES (not folders) as a list. They
> are defaulted as tiles (I think) and everytime I change
> the folders they don't "stick." I made the default for
> all of my folders "list" but it made EVERYTHING a list -
> I just want the files, not folders, drives, etc...
>
> Thanks,
> Lindsey

1.
Open Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Sounds Tab. In the Program
Sounds section, scroll down to Windows Explorer and remove the sound for
"Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation".

2.
In Windows Explorer, click Tools/Folder Options/View Tab. In the Advanced
section, scroll down to the "Remember each folders view settings" option and
select it.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP