"Clicking" sound // viewing files as list

1. Everytime I click on something, whether it is in a
folder or on the Internet, it makes this really
annoying "click" sound. If I make my music louder, the
click sound gets louder. I just want to turn off that
annoying noise. Any hints?

2. I like to view my FILES (not folders) as a list. They
are defaulted as tiles (I think) and everytime I change
the folders they don't "stick." I made the default for
all of my folders "list" but it made EVERYTHING a list -
I just want the files, not folders, drives, etc...

Thanks,
Lindsey
1 answer Last reply
More about clicking sound viewing files list

    Lindsey wrote:
    > 1. Everytime I click on something, whether it is in a
    > folder or on the Internet, it makes this really
    > annoying "click" sound. If I make my music louder, the
    > click sound gets louder. I just want to turn off that
    > annoying noise. Any hints?
    >
    > 2. I like to view my FILES (not folders) as a list. They
    > are defaulted as tiles (I think) and everytime I change
    > the folders they don't "stick." I made the default for
    > all of my folders "list" but it made EVERYTHING a list -
    > I just want the files, not folders, drives, etc...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lindsey

    1.
    Open Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Sounds Tab. In the Program
    Sounds section, scroll down to Windows Explorer and remove the sound for
    "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation".

    2.
    In Windows Explorer, click Tools/Folder Options/View Tab. In the Advanced
    section, scroll down to the "Remember each folders view settings" option and
    select it.

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP