Am I underestimating my power consumption?

JackMomma

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
So, I'm on the fence about a few system upgrades... the biggest single one would be an XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 water-cooling kit. I'm pretty sure that I'll need to upgrade my PSU before I actually go through with this, but I feel like there is a possibility I have some expansion room left, so here's what I got:

-Corsair TX750 PSU pushing 750w on a 60A rail... good enough for the old 295, but I've upgraded...

Hardware:
-I7-970 (6-core) @ 3.6 currently, but I'd push it farther on water. Running on ASUS Sabertooth X58 board
-cooled by a Corsair H50 now, which i assume runs on a decently lower amount of power than the pump in the XSPC kit would use.
-Two ASUS EAH6870 DirectCU (non-reference) GPU's in CrossFireX mode, also usually overclocked. I'd probably eventually find some blocks to fit these, because they create a hefty amount of heat by themselves.
-two HDD's and an SSD, looking to add one or two more drives in the future
-run about 7 total fans in the case... may be excessive, but i like to keep it cool.

I assume I am right up against the wall of my psu with my current config, and assume it best to wait on a PSU upgrade before I try the kit, but would like some feedback to think about.
Thanks!