no shortcut icons display on desktop

my desktop wallpaper loads without my shortcut icons;
when i access destop, all my shortcuts are there, but
they don't display on my desktop during or after loading
windows. when i tried to change my wallpaper in control
panel/display/desktop, it is frozen and won't let me edit
my wallpaper. what is going on?
1 answer Last reply
More about shortcut icons display desktop

    Right click on your desktop, choose "Arrange Icons By" and ensure that "Show
    Desktop Icons" has a check mark next to it...

Configuration Desktops Wallpaper Icons Windows XP Displays