ipod photo and Photoshop

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 19, 2005 10:44:31 AM

Hello,

I'm seriously considering getting an iPod Photo and have noticed that
Photoshop Elements is the software that is recommended (required?) in
order to view specific collections of photos stored on the device. I
already own the full Photoshop software (about 2-3 years now) for my PC
and really would like to avoid spending more money for Elements.

I'm wondering if anyone has used an ipod photo with Photoshop (vs. E)
and can offer any feedback or advice?

Many thanks!

sp

More about : ipod photo photoshop

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 5:19:20 PM

In article <1113918271.430433.68040@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
ro222000@yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm seriously considering getting an iPod Photo and have noticed that
> Photoshop Elements is the software that is recommended (required?) in
> order to view specific collections of photos stored on the device.

I haven't used an iPod Photo, but I'm quite sure this is not the case.
iPhoto, I'm sure, is Apple's preferred software, but Photoshop will work
just fine as well.

Where did you see the info about Elements?

----j7y

--
jere7my tho?rpe | "The land knows whom it sent out;
(440) 775-1522 | In the place of human beings

In article <jere7my2-C0FFBA.13191919042005@corp.supernews.com>, jere7my
tho?rpe <jere7my2@oberlin.net> wrote:

> In article <1113918271.430433.68040@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> ro222000@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > I'm seriously considering getting an iPod Photo and have noticed that
> > Photoshop Elements is the software that is recommended (required?) in
> > order to view specific collections of photos stored on the device.
>
> I haven't used an iPod Photo, but I'm quite sure this is not the case.
> iPhoto, I'm sure, is Apple's preferred software, but Photoshop will work
> just fine as well.

iphoto runs on a mac only. for windows, one uses photoshop elements or
photoshop album.

> Where did you see the info about Elements?

<http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/specs.html&gt;
Related resources
April 19, 2005 11:30:32 PM

"jere7my tho?rpe" <jere7my2@oberlin.net> wrote in message
> In article <1113918271.430433.68040@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> ro222000@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> I'm seriously considering getting an iPod Photo and have noticed that
>> Photoshop Elements is the software that is recommended (required?) in
>> order to view specific collections of photos stored on the device.
>
> I haven't used an iPod Photo, but I'm quite sure this is not the case.
> iPhoto, I'm sure, is Apple's preferred software, but Photoshop will work
> just fine as well.
>
> Where did you see the info about Elements?

The info is on the Apple website for the iPod Photo, along with an
indication that it works with eithr Photoshop Elements or Photoshop Album
(presumably because they have the autostart feature that can be synced with
the iPod Photo).

Hal Lowe
http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formna...
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)
http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)
April 19, 2005 11:32:06 PM

> the either not "eithr"

and

> sync'd not "synced"

I really need to slow down here... LOL

Hal.
April 20, 2005 3:24:15 AM

<ro222000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm seriously considering getting an iPod Photo and have noticed that
> Photoshop Elements is the software that is recommended (required?) in
> order to view specific collections of photos stored on the device. I
> already own the full Photoshop software (about 2-3 years now) for my PC
> and really would like to avoid spending more money for Elements.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has used an ipod photo with Photoshop (vs. E)
> and can offer any feedback or advice?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> sp

don't forgrt - It's just a portable hard drive really. Once you get back
home you can plug the iPod into your computer and open it up in your
file browser to transfer the images to your hard drive and use whatever
software you want to...
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 12:27:15 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:24:15 +0100, nospam@nospam.com (Keith) wrote:

><ro222000@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm seriously considering getting an iPod Photo and have noticed that
>> Photoshop Elements is the software that is recommended (required?) in
>> order to view specific collections of photos stored on the device. I
>> already own the full Photoshop software (about 2-3 years now) for my PC
>> and really would like to avoid spending more money for Elements.
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone has used an ipod photo with Photoshop (vs. E)
>> and can offer any feedback or advice?
>>
>> Many thanks!
>>
>> sp
>
>don't forgrt - It's just a portable hard drive really. Once you get back
>home you can plug the iPod into your computer and open it up in your
>file browser to transfer the images to your hard drive and use whatever
>software you want to...

Followed it so far. I had my son come here and he brought his Ipod
with loads of music and also a great deal of Photograps as he is
wanted to show his photo's as a professional.
I was impressed, maybe too much so as yesterday a parcel came from
Apple. It contained a connector from the camera to the ipod. I hope
the ipod will come in the next few days if I know him.

The point is that he was showing pictures on the iPod and also
connected the thing to the 1000 year old television. All worked well.
I simply do not understand. If it is just a hard drive, how could it
show pictures on the screen and also display on the TV.

I am ashamed of asking such elementary questions as I was a TV tech
right up to 1980 when I retired

Borge, Perth
Pentium P4 2.4Ghz, 1 Gb memory, 600 GB space
Olympus 2100UZ, Pentax Optio S, Canon S1, Olympus E300.
April 20, 2005 1:00:07 PM

nesredep egrob <Long. -31> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:24:15 +0100, nospam@nospam.com (Keith) wrote:
>
> ><ro222000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm seriously considering getting an iPod Photo and have noticed that
> >> Photoshop Elements is the software that is recommended (required?) in
> >> order to view specific collections of photos stored on the device. I
> >> already own the full Photoshop software (about 2-3 years now) for my PC
> >> and really would like to avoid spending more money for Elements.
> >>
> >> I'm wondering if anyone has used an ipod photo with Photoshop (vs. E)
> >> and can offer any feedback or advice?
> >>
> >> Many thanks!
> >>
> >> sp
> >
> >don't forgrt - It's just a portable hard drive really. Once you get back
> >home you can plug the iPod into your computer and open it up in your
> >file browser to transfer the images to your hard drive and use whatever
> >software you want to...
>
> Followed it so far. I had my son come here and he brought his Ipod
> with loads of music and also a great deal of Photograps as he is
> wanted to show his photo's as a professional.
> I was impressed, maybe too much so as yesterday a parcel came from
> Apple. It contained a connector from the camera to the ipod. I hope
> the ipod will come in the next few days if I know him.
>
> The point is that he was showing pictures on the iPod and also
> connected the thing to the 1000 year old television. All worked well.
> I simply do not understand. If it is just a hard drive, how could it
> show pictures on the screen and also display on the TV.
>
> I am ashamed of asking such elementary questions as I was a TV tech
> right up to 1980 when I retired
>
> Borge, Perth
> Pentium P4 2.4Ghz, 1 Gb memory, 600 GB space
> Olympus 2100UZ, Pentax Optio S, Canon S1, Olympus E300.

That's OK! You have asked a sensible qustion...

There are 2 scenarios:

A) When out in the field away on vacation taking photos

B) At home with your computer and wanting to use the iPod to carry
photos around with you to show to family and friends.

Scenario A: simply use the extra connector to move images from your
camera to the iPod for storage and backup. You get home and move them
from the iPod to your main computer to process. You can look at the
images you have taken (so long as they are jpeg not raw) on the iPod
screen, but not display them on a TV, etc. (It copes perfectly well with
Raw files, but can't display them)

Scenario B: you have images on your computer and want to put them on the
iPod to display through a TV - for this you need to process the images
on your computer and send them to the iPod in its 'special format'. To
do this on the Mac, which I use, you use iTunes, which is a bit wierd I
know, which usually gets the photos from your collecton held in iPhoto.

On a PC I don't know what you use, but Apple must have some way of doing
this... Instructions should come in the box, or checkout Apple's web
site.

You could always get a Mac, especially as the new Mac Mini is so cheap
and you could use all your existing peripherals - keyboard, screen,
etc..! Al the iLife packages are very good for working with Sound,
Photos, Movies and DVD.
!