Mobile Phone Manager can't see Siemens S65 via Bluetooth

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

I've just changed from an SE T610 to Siemens S65 and am having trouble
with the Mobile Phone Manager that came with it.

I've got a Blue Opal BT dongle, which sees the phone fine, and I can
transfer files to it by dragging and dropping.

Even if I select COM7 on MPM it still says 'no telephone connected'.

The S65 can see the PC and vice versa, so does anyone have any ideas why
the MPM software can't detect the phone?

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David
2 answers Last reply
More about mobile phone manager siemens bluetooth
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    I too am annoyed with Siemens.

    I got a S65, and figured I'd use Bluetooth to get my Outlook Cal at
    work to synchronise with it. I got a decent USB BT Dongle from ebuyer,
    and I can pair and open a Serial Port to the phone from my laptop. I
    can even kick off the synchronisation with the S65 from outlook - but I
    must manually open a Serial Port to the phone first.

    I hoped that the Serial Port would remain open, but instead it closes
    after the synchronisation. Whats the point of the 'synchronise every
    hour' option if the Serial Port keeps closing?

    Siemens are a load of tosh. Stick with SE.

    SP

    david wrote:
    > I've just changed from an SE T610 to Siemens S65 and am having
    trouble
    > with the Mobile Phone Manager that came with it.
    >
    > I've got a Blue Opal BT dongle, which sees the phone fine, and I can
    > transfer files to it by dragging and dropping.
    >
    > Even if I select COM7 on MPM it still says 'no telephone connected'.
    >
    > The S65 can see the PC and vice versa, so does anyone have any ideas
    why
    > the MPM software can't detect the phone?
    >
    > Help will be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > David
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    simon p wrote:

    > I hoped that the Serial Port would remain open, but instead it closes
    > after the synchronisation. Whats the point of the 'synchronise every
    > hour' option if the Serial Port keeps closing?

    Maybe powersaving is the reason?

    Jogi

    --
    The particular mistake will not be repeated. There are plenty of
    mistakes left that have not yet been used.          A. Tanenbaum

Bluetooth Mobile Phones Siemens