Weird green ghosting on a LG LED monitor

zscar

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Greetings,

I've recently bought a LG E2990V LED monitor. From the very start I have had this rather odd problem that occurs when there is a dark space (like a dimly lit room in a game) and something moves in it. The moving part causes a green ghosting effect behind it. This has proven rather difficult to explain so I took a couple of videos of this happening. I had to open the curtains behind my monitor so my Desire Z's camera could amp up the fps and actually catch the problem in effect in case you're wondering the huge brightness.

Video 1
Video 2

It can be seen after the hand does the knifing action and for example on the pinboard frame when the cursor is moving.

I'm using a laptop with GeForce 9600M GT graphics card, Win7 Ultimate 32bit w/ 3Gb DDR and the connection between the monitor and laptop is through a 1.4 HDMI cable. Needless to say, I've tried updating and reverting different driver versions.

Oh and this doesn't happen on the laptop's own LCD monitor at all.

Any advice regarding the cause or cure would be hugely appreciated!
-zscar

zscar

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
And as per a good investigator, I have come up with the cause myself. It was the RTC (Response Time Compensation) setting in the monitor menu that was causing this "issue" which, after some research, is not an issue after all and a by-product of using the RTC.

More information at http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/advanced.htm