Monitor question

JohnD212

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
This is probably a very simple answer but something I'm not able to easily look up. I am testing two monitors...both by Samsung..one is 21.5 inch and runs at 1920x1080 and the other is a Samsung 23 inch that runs at 1920x1080. Here's my question: Does the 23" require more processing from my computer / videocard since it's being displayed on a larger monitor or since both are running at the exact same resolution is it the same?

Thanks

Solution
The only thing that matters is the resolution. It does not matter if the screen size is 24" or 120"; you will get the same performance as long as the resolution is the same.

tomatthe

Distinguished
It would be the same for both of them, your video card wouldn't be affected by what size the monitor actually was.

You could probably read a lot more into this question, but say you were only using one monitor at a time the fps in a game should be identical when using either monitor.

JohnD212

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

Great. That's kind of what I thought but the more I thought about it I thought maybe the increased size had a part in it.

Thanks