Looking for specific gaming case under 100. Rate my setup?

ATHELESTAN

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hey I'm looking for a gaming case for my new build I am going to make.
It features:

i5-2500k
gtx 560ti 2gb twin frozrr ii
patriot 2x4 heat shield model
GIGABYTE GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 sli
lg dvd burner

feel free to rate or suggest other parts!

Anyways, I'm looking for a good case under 100, I can go higher but I don't want to go alot higher than that. I want it to have:

USB 3.0 ports
cable management
water cooling ready if possible
enough fans to cool the system
maybe a fan speed controller
micro atx compatable
probably bottom mounted PSU
i want a window but not necessary
good airflow
an area on the top to put things, like on the storm enforcer.
air filters
i/o pannel
and lastly, IF POSSIBLE: green LED fans :)

i know its picky but i want this to be a good looking case. It doesn't have to have everything, but I would like it to have most.

thanks
Jim

g-unit1111

Titan
~$100:

Antec 902
NZXT Phantom
Corsair Carbide 500R

Under $100:

Corsair Carbide 400R
Lian Li K62
Cooler Master Storm Scout
Cooler Master CM 690 II
Cooler Master HAF 922
Fractal Design Arc MIDI
Zalman Z9

Under $50:

Cooler Master HAF 912
Cooler Master Elite 430

A lot of things like the LEDs - most cases usually use red, dark blue, or light blue. If you want green you'll have to add those in yourself. Some things like the fan controller you'll also have to add in yourself - those usually only come standard on really high cases like the Thermaltake Level 10 or Corsair Graphite 600.

ATHELESTAN

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
ok thanks because i have been looking and i have my eye on the storm enforcer. Is it good? the only problem is the fan speed. If theres a special case that you see that really is amazing just tell me or I might stick with the enforcer

g-unit1111

Titan

If airflow is your main priority I'd go with the Corsair Carbide 400 over anything else. I have the Graphite 600 and it has a pretty similar style of cable management that makes it really easy, plus it has at least one USB 3.0 port that I know of, and it costs $99, that's probably your best bet.

g-unit1111

Titan
Over those choices, go with the Carbide. It has the best air flow, solid fans, and is one of the most expandable in that price range.

Most cases that advertise that they're completely toolless usually aren't, and the ones that are, most of the time are crap to begin with. I was using a Cooler Master Centurion 5 that was advertised as toolless but during the course of when I was using it about half the parts snapped off or broke in several places and there were parts floating around the case. And then you're stuck with using tools anyways.

And the only real advantage to using the Cooler Master is that it comes with an SSD mounting bracket where the others don't. But you can get those for like $5 off Cooler Master's website anyways so it's no big deal.

Latest posts