Freezing/Prioritization Video during Online Games

cncnowland

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
First off, not sure where to put this because I am unsure of where the problem lies. Sorry in advance if in the wrong location.

So, this is my first computer build, my skill level is around novice to a little higher. The components of my build are as follows:

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)
Intel Core i5-2500K
XFX HD-695X-CNDC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express
G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
COOLER MASTER HAF 922
Windows 7 64 Bit

I installed everything at factory settings, no OC's. I have run all updates on Windows and the Mobo and Video Card. Accoriding to the Mobo AI, the temps across the board run about 35-40 C.

I mainly use the game for MMO (World of Warcraft) and other online games (Dirt3).

The issue I have run into is... While playing WoW, it appears the window becomes inactive where and I can't play for about 3-5 seconds. As I click the keyboard buttons, I hear a beeping from the Mobo (one for every click). The only way to re-engage the window is to mouse click on the screen then it works fine. The FPS in game drops down to 5-15 during this incident. This happens every 4-6 minutes. This alos occurs while playing Dirt3. When racing, it will pop up the in-race menu for about 3-5 seconds, then lets me continue the race.

Asking some friends, the thought it might be a prioritization issue. I went into MSConfig and disabled everything not Micorsoft in the "Startup" and "Services" tabs. No luck, same issue. I have also update all drivers and BIOS on the Mobo and Video Card. Same problem. Now I question myself as to why I didn't buy complete system ;)

I am out of ideas. Any help you may provide I would greatly appreciate it. I can provide you with my BIOS/driver rev numbers if needed as well. Thanks in advance

cncnowland

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I think I have found the problem. I have some wireless Logitech devices hooked up via USB (G930 headset, keyboard/mouse). I wired them up and seems to have corrected the problem.