Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

driver for bluetooth widcomm

Last response: in Technologies
Share
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 2:58:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

I bought a bluetooth dongle (WIDCOMM) last year. Now, I'd like to
install it on my mobile PC (Windows XP first edition) to connect my
SonyEricsson mobile phone.
But... I tried to install the software in the original CD and it doesnt
work.

So, can you give me advice about what could I do ?
Does it existe any "general" softwares or drivers (I read somewhere that
others brands are using widcomm chips) ?
How can I install my bluetooth dongle ? Where can I find an appropriate
driver (and software) ?

Thank you very much.


SDG
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 5:11:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

"doesnt (sic) work" is very vague.

Is the driver installed?
If not, is it because installation failed?
Can you see the Bluetooth icon in the system tray if it installs ok?
Is the Bluetooth icon red or white?
Did you have any other Bluetooth software installed before in this computer?
Have you plugged the USB adapter before installing the driver?
Are you using a USB HUB?

--
Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

"sdg" <s.dg@free.fr> wrote in message
news:41eaf18b$0$11945$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
>I bought a bluetooth dongle (WIDCOMM) last year. Now, I'd like to install
>it on my mobile PC (Windows XP first edition) to connect my SonyEricsson
>mobile phone.
> But... I tried to install the software in the original CD and it doesnt
> work.
>
> So, can you give me advice about what could I do ?
> Does it existe any "general" softwares or drivers (I read somewhere that
> others brands are using widcomm chips) ?
> How can I install my bluetooth dongle ? Where can I find an appropriate
> driver (and software) ?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
>
> SDG
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:10:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Mauricio Freitas a écrit :
> "doesnt (sic) work" is very vague.
>
> Is the driver installed?
No
> If not, is it because installation failed?
No
> Can you see the Bluetooth icon in the system tray if it installs ok?
> Is the Bluetooth icon red or white?
Yes, but it is red. When I open the window by the desktop link (with the
bluetooth icon), the system begin to search other material in the bt
network. But it cant find it (my mobile phone activated) and it bocks (a
bug ?... I have to tape ctrl+Alt+Del)
> Did you have any other Bluetooth software installed before in this computer?
No, never
> Have you plugged the USB adapter before installing the driver?
No, the user guide told to istall before to insert the dongle
> Are you using a USB HUB?
No

Thank you for yours suggestions. E se vc é brasileiro, muito obrigado !!

SDG
Related resources
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 7:17:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

"sdg" <s.dg@free.fr> wrote in message
news:41ec45f6$0$16584$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
SNIP

>
> Thank you for yours suggestions. E se vc é brasileiro, muito obrigado !!
>
> SDG

First I would start by removing the Bluetooth SW using the Add/Remove
Programs under Windows Control Panel. Reboot. Then I would deactivate all
running programs especially any virus scanning SW and reinstall the
Bluetooth SW that came on the disk with the dongle. If this completes
successfully you should have a working Bluetooth setup, if not reboot and
see if Windows recognizes the dongle and installs the drivers.

If after all that Windows still doesn't install the drivers you may want to
check your USB ports on the PC. Are they activated? You may have to go into
the PC BIOS and turn them on if they are not activated. Normally they would
be active but perhaps not. If not, activate them and repeat the steps above.

If that doesn't produce any results you may want to try and install the
dongle on another PC just to see if the dongle is working properly.
Unfortunately there are no generic drivers even though Widcomm is the main
supplier for many of the BT dongles.

Make sure you have updated Windows with everything except the SP2 install.
If you load SP2 there is a different procedure for installing the BT
drivers. I would advise getting the BT device working under XP SP1 before
moving on to SP2.

Good luck

TC
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:46:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Thank you, I'll try it !


sdg




Tony Clark a écrit :
> "sdg" <s.dg@free.fr> wrote in message
> news:41ec45f6$0$16584$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
> SNIP
>
>
>>Thank you for yours suggestions. E se vc é brasileiro, muito obrigado !!
>>
>>SDG
>
>
> First I would start by removing the Bluetooth SW using the Add/Remove
> Programs under Windows Control Panel. Reboot. Then I would deactivate all
> running programs especially any virus scanning SW and reinstall the
> Bluetooth SW that came on the disk with the dongle. If this completes
> successfully you should have a working Bluetooth setup, if not reboot and
> see if Windows recognizes the dongle and installs the drivers.
>
> If after all that Windows still doesn't install the drivers you may want to
> check your USB ports on the PC. Are they activated? You may have to go into
> the PC BIOS and turn them on if they are not activated. Normally they would
> be active but perhaps not. If not, activate them and repeat the steps above.
>
> If that doesn't produce any results you may want to try and install the
> dongle on another PC just to see if the dongle is working properly.
> Unfortunately there are no generic drivers even though Widcomm is the main
> supplier for many of the BT dongles.
>
> Make sure you have updated Windows with everything except the SP2 install.
> If you load SP2 there is a different procedure for installing the BT
> drivers. I would advise getting the BT device working under XP SP1 before
> moving on to SP2.
>
> Good luck
>
> TC
>
>
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 10:16:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

"sdg" <s.dg@free.fr> wrote in message
news:41ec45f6$0$16584$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
> Mauricio Freitas a écrit :
>> "doesnt (sic) work" is very vague.
>>
>> Is the driver installed?
> No
>> If not, is it because installation failed?
> No
>> Can you see the Bluetooth icon in the system tray if it installs ok?
>> Is the Bluetooth icon red or white?
> Yes, but it is red. When I open the window by the desktop link (with the
> bluetooth icon), the system begin to search other material in the bt
> network. But it cant find it (my mobile phone activated) and it bocks (a
> bug ?... I have to tape ctrl+Alt+Del)
>> Did you have any other Bluetooth software installed before in this
>> computer?
> No, never
>> Have you plugged the USB adapter before installing the driver?
> No, the user guide told to istall before to insert the dongle
>> Are you using a USB HUB?
> No
>
> Thank you for yours suggestions. E se vc é brasileiro, muito obrigado !!
>
> SDG

Tony's post sums up the procedure from now on...

Yep, Brasileiro, living in New Zealand :) 

--
Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com
!