  • Control Panel
  • Explorer
  • Windows XP
August 9, 2004 3:10:46 PM

Hi....

I have a strange problem. When I try to open Control Panel my explorer
crashes. The following message appears:

Explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows

.... or something like that.

I have tried to expand Control Panel items in Start Menu, but I get the same
error. I cannot fin any viruses as well.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Marco Pais

More about : problem explorer exe

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 8:13:13 PM

Hi Marco,

In the error-report dialog, click "to see what data this report contains" and note down the details of the error (including the Mod Name DLL). Secondly, see if the error details are listed in the Application log.

Click Start, Run and type eventvwr.msc
Select Application entry in the left pane
In the right-pane, look for the Error entry denoted by a Red X

Hint: Sort by date and track-down the entry based on what time the error exactly occurred

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

"Marco Pais" <mpais@foruminformatica.pt> wrote in message news:%23MEHkkffEHA.3700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Hi....

I have a strange problem. When I try to open Control Panel my explorer
crashes. The following message appears:

Explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows

.... or something like that.

I have tried to expand Control Panel items in Start Menu, but I get the same
error. I cannot fin any viruses as well.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Marco Pais
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 8:13:14 PM

Hi...

I have solved the problem. There was an Control Panel item with problems.
The nvtuicpl.cpl was generating exceptions. Aparently, it's a file that is
used by graphic or sound cards. I have deleted it.... and it works fine now.

Thanks anyway...

!