Sign in with
Your question

HDD works but doesnt show up in BIOS boot priorities

December 7, 2012 4:34:03 PM

so before i get into everything my pc works fine and no problems yet. Specs below.

Windows 7 Ultimate
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H (3D Bios)
Intel i5-3570K OC'ed to 4.2GHz
Gigabyte Radeon 7950 3GB
2x4GB Patriot Viper 3 RAM (1600)
1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
128GB Intel 330 Series SSD
Asus DVD Drive

i recently overclocked my cpu just yesterday when i noticed in the boot priorities it only shows two devices (128gb SSD and Asus DVD drive), when i also have a 1TB HDD.

i want my HDD to boot first because windows is on there (havent gotten around to put it on SSD cause i dont feel like doing a fresh install).

so yeah in the boot priority the HDD doesnt show but the HDD does run as all my programs and windows load up.

then there was one unusual thing where there are two links to save and exit (one in the advanced option and one in the 3D bios). and if i use the link in the 3D bios it gives me an option to do a boot override where my HDD shows but is 2nd on the list but i cant drag it in front of my SSD which is first. though if i click on the HDD it asks me if im sure and if i click yes it boots the whole system.

SO WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW TO GET MY HDD TO SHOW IN BOOT PRIORITIES AND NOT THE BOOT OVERRIDE WHEN IM SAVING AND EXITING.
!