Tags:
  • Cyberpower
  • Gaming
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 4, 2011 2:27:31 AM

Hello,
I just finished deciding the components of my new gaming pc. However, before ordering, I thought I would ask you guys some advice. So here's the system:

Case
Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Gaming Case Black

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling
Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

Memory
8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module

Video Card
AMD Radeon HD 6970 - 2GB - HIS IceQ X Turbo - Core: 900MHz - Single Card

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V LX -- Lucid Virtu Technology

Power Supply
850 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2

Primary Hard Drive
64 GB ADATA S596 Turbo SSD - Single Drive

Data Hard Drive
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, Power Saving, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive

So ya, I decided I would ask you guys some advice especially concerning my power supply. I dont know if 850 is too much or not enough, and I have no idea what brand to go with. Corsair just seemed to be overall appreciated by gamers. Also, I dont know much about motherboard and so I dont really know if my pick is a good one or if I should change it.

PS.: I dont have a tight budget and I wouldnt mind upgrading here and there but only if necessary.

Thank you all very much

More about : gaming system advices

a b 4 Gaming
November 4, 2011 2:35:59 AM

Case: Good

CPU: If your not doing video/photo editing o for the i5 2500k (better for gaming)

Cooler: If you want get it I dont know much about water cooling or get the Hyper 212+

RAM: Good

GPU: Good

MoBo: Good

PSU: Good gives you enouh head room to add another GPU down the line

HDD: good whats the brand

SSD: need the brand as well
m
l
November 12, 2011 5:32:11 PM

Case:
Its okay, doesn't really look too nice. I (personally) prefer a completely closed case with no light and only vents for cooling. I think that the lights on the computer are completely unneeded but that's just me.

Processor:
2600K is definitely wonderful and will give you a pleasant experience in just about any work on your computer. I imagine that you are going to use this computer for tasks other then gaming, and photo and video work will do just fine on this. You can, if needed to lower price, get a lower grade processor.

Processor Cooling:
Good job choosing the silent fan, I agree.

Memory:
You will be just fine with this.

Video Card:
This is probably the most important part of a gaming PC. Your choice, the 6970, is good, but I want to bring up other things to consider. What games will you be playing? Check out benchmarks for those games for your graphics card. How long are you going to use this computer? The newest and baddest game for pc (in terms of graphics) is BF3. You will be able to do High/Ultra settings depending on your screen resolution. In the next year, you will probably only get to High range on the most demanding games. Every year this will decrease. (Obviously) It is a good thing that you can Crossfire with cards. I think that the 6970 is a very good decision for a card for the following reasons. One, it is currently a great card. Two, it will be a fabulous card when Crossfired when you want to upgrade it (maybe in 1.5 years or so)

Motherboard:
Very, very nice choice. You have USB3, and tons of features that you may use.

Power Supply:
It's 80PLUS so your good there, and it will go with ur components.

Primary Hard Drive:
Since price is not an issue, its fine, but 40GB of a SSD is good enough.

Data Hard Drive:
You may want to upgrade to a faster and bigger one. 1.5TB and faster will do you good.
m
l
!