gagan_prakash2009

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hi guys,

I have heard people sayin that a gigabyte hd.... better than a sapphire hd....

I want to ask that how a gigabyte/xfx/HIS version is superior to sapphire & on what basis since gpu present in all those cards are of ati/amd?

also if they are superior,is it possible that a gigabyte hd5750>or= sapphire hd5770?

Solution
Even though they use the same gpu , the cards are very different because they usually don't use the same PCB , so if you buy a card from Sapphire , the card should have good temperatures , low noise and it should last longer than a card from a worse manufacturer like ECS or VTX3D.When buying a card from equally good manufacturers like Sapphire , Gigabyte , HIS then you should consider if certain features are worth the money (better cooling , higher clocks etc) but the performance should be about the same (Sapphire HD5750 = Gigabyte HD5750 = HIS HD5750).

thefisherman

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011

They are about the same. The only difference is sapphire is know for making very well made cards. They will have the same Hdd output. But for my money I go with sapphire every time.

thefisherman

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
No clock speed can be changed by you personally. What they do is they factory over clock em and they garentee that they are stable and they charge you extra. But at any time you could over clock them your self and save the money. You just have to learn how, its not hard at all. I would just save the $$$ buy the base model and do it yourself. What card are you looking to buy?

G3ox

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Even though they use the same gpu , the cards are very different because they usually don't use the same PCB , so if you buy a card from Sapphire , the card should have good temperatures , low noise and it should last longer than a card from a worse manufacturer like ECS or VTX3D.When buying a card from equally good manufacturers like Sapphire , Gigabyte , HIS then you should consider if certain features are worth the money (better cooling , higher clocks etc) but the performance should be about the same (Sapphire HD5750 = Gigabyte HD5750 = HIS HD5750).

Solution

gagan_prakash2009

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

I already have a HD6750
may i overclock it?

G3ox

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
If you want to overclock it , go and download the Sapphire Trixx overclocking utility , but be careful when overclocking because if you damage the card you void your warranty.

gagan_prakash2009

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
pardon guys,
i only want to know if it can be overclocked or not,i nave no intention of overclocking it now, especially on cost of warranty since I got my setup after waiting for almost a month.
probably overclock it in future