$500 budget Casual Gaming PC

Deewreck

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Early next year or around Christmas time

Budget Range: $500-$600 before rebate

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Surfing Internet, Watching video/movies, moderate
gaming(Minecraft/TF2), video editing for projects and such

Parts Not Required: HDD/SSD, mouse, keyboard, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg/Amazon

Parts Preferences: I'm looking to try and utilize Lucid vitu stuff found in Z68 or other compatible
chipsets

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1680 X 1050

Additional comments: I don't want to need a lot of power and quieter is always better. I went with a more expensive i3 for the HD Graphics 3000. I'd like to keep that feature if you make any suggestions.

Parts I've assembled:

FSP Group AURUM GOLD 400W Power Supply

HIS H667F1GD Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 Video card

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

BIOSTAR TZ68A+ LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Motherboard

Intel Core i3-2105 Processor

Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 memory

SAMSUNG Black 16X CD/DVD Drive

total cost with my attempt ~ $503

roblaw42

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
The PSU is not a recommended maker and it is way too expensive for 400W. You can find a higher quality, lower price model from corsair , antec , seasonic , pc power and cooling , or enermax or else you risk frying your new computer. 2 good comments is not enough to prove it is excellent.

Biostar is a crap mobo maker that can cause all sorts of problems for your new build. Stick to ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI.

The CD/DVD drive has 1 review and it is very bad. For $5 more you can get this one which has much more promising reviews.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136228

Deewreck

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
You guys are good. There's much higher quality stuff in there than what I had initially, and it's cheaper. However, I strayed away from the NZXT GAMMA because I feel it looks so hideous, but apparently it's the best there is for the money. Do you guys have any alternatives that might cost a little more but appear more professional?

caqde

Distinguished

FSP makes PSU's for some of your listed PSU rebranders I would say they are one of the best PSU makers and I have never seen a bad review for one of their PSU's before at least not one that would indicate that you would lose your computer using one of their PSU's. FSP also goes by the name Sparkle. So as far as things go I would say he definitely could have done much worse for a PSU than what was listed the brand is a reputable one.

Deewreck

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Alrighty guys, thanks for all the input. I think I'll follow most of AbdullahG's instructions and get the optical drive roblaw suggested. Even though FSP may be a reputable brand, I think I'll use the 450w AbdullahG recommended because of the price. As far as getting a 2100 instead, I'll just stick the 2105 because I plan on using its integrated graphics for everything but gaming, so it'll perform a little better than the 2100 and the price difference is minimal.