Which RAM should I get?

Hey guys,

I recently decided to update my desktop hardware, so I bought AMD FX-8320, but I also want to get a good RAM memory. I was about to buy GSkill Ripjaws X 2x8Gb, 1600mhz, 10-10-10-30, but luckily, before I did it, I checked supported memory for my motherboard which is Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, and saw that it is not supported. However, of all the modules supported (I recognize that the list is not all the modules supported, just references) there is no single 8gb module supported, but this motherboard is supposed to support up to 32gb.

Anyway, I was wandering what RAM should I get? I use my PC for gaming, and I would like 16gb at 1866mhz, or similar.

My Best Regards.
2 answers Last reply
More about which
  1. I use ripjawsX in my Intel and amd systems. It should work fine. You won't see many 8 gb sticks tested for any board.
  2. Exterminatus said:
    Hey guys,

I recently decided to update my desktop hardware, so I bought AMD FX-8320, but I also want to get a good RAM memory. I was about to buy GSkill Ripjaws X 2x8Gb, 1600mhz, 10-10-10-30, but luckily, before I did it, I checked supported memory for my motherboard which is Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, and saw that it is not supported. However, of all the modules supported (I recognize that the list is not all the modules supported, just references) there is no single 8gb module supported, but this motherboard is supposed to support up to 32gb.

Anyway, I was wandering what RAM should I get? I use my PC for gaming, and I would like 16gb at 1866mhz, or similar.

My Best Regards.

GSkill Sniper works great on my Sabertooth 990fx.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Motherboards