ASRock Z77 wont boot splash screen, but no error message.

spunkyjoe

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hello,

I just "finished" my first build, and when I go to boot it for the first time I get no out put on DVI, HDMI or VGA, but have no error message on the Mobo.

I've tried powering on the mobo from the switch included on the board and it powers on just fine, everything humming along nicely, but I can figure out what the issue is with no outbound.

spunkyjoe

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Sorry, I should say that I have tried to boot from both my video card and the onboard and my specs are:
Processor: I5 3570k with Evo 212 Coolermaster Cooler
Video Card: Sapphire 7870 Radeon Ghz
Powersupply: Seasonic G Series 550w Gold
8 GB GSkill Ripjaws
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Mobo
Seagate 2Tb HDD
LG Bluray Drive

dmoening

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Did you remove the video card from the board when you tested the onboard vid? Also make sure you have your RAM installed on the correct dimms, if you have more than 2.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Right spunkyjoe,
Take the side off the tower, do a Check that you have plugged the 6-8 12v pin power connector located next to the Cpu socket from the power supply unit., make sure you have the pci-e 12v power lead from the PSU plugged into the back of the 7870 graphics card card.
Go into the bios and make sure The on board Graphics chipset is turned off and the default video output device is set as Pci-e interface.
Check as said that the two ram sticks are placed in memory slot dimm a1, and dimm b1. Check that the bios jumper setting is set to normal mode on the board and not set to clear.
And make sure you use video port one of the ati 7870 card. A single beep should indicate everything is ok any other set of beep messages will tell you what the problem is if you look up the bios error beep codes of the bios or board. If none of this works then you may have to take a look at the Cpu sat in its socket and if the heat sink and fan are fitted correctly. The board may not be booting to protect the Cpu from burning out, as a safety feature.

spunkyjoe

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Awesome, thanks for your help all. I was hesitant about building but this forum has been a life send. I did check and the 6 pin 12v connector was loose. I straightened that out and it booted on my next attempt from the video card!

Thanks again for all your help!