Full power off to reboot?

NoCarsGo

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hi,

Looking for some help on a new build, my old system died last weekend so I had to rebuild, wasn't really prepared for it so had to do things a bit on the cheap (it's only for basic home use).

The PC boots fine first time, I have run it for almost a whole week but after shut down, I need to turn off the switch on the power supply to get it to fire up again, otherwise it runs for about a second (long enough for the fans to spin up but nothing more), then dies for a few seconds, then tries to start again, and keeps repeating. I tried replacing the PSU as initially I used the old one so I thought that might be the problem (an old basic Thermaltake that came with the case) but it's still doing the same thing.

Specs as follows:
- MOBO: ASRock Z68M-USB3
- CPU: Intel i5 2500 (standard, no OC etc)
- RAM – 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1333
- 3 SATA HDD
- PSU: Antec Neo Eco 450C
- Winfast DTV 2000H TV Tuner

Thanks

pro-gamer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
then remove cpu carefully and put thermal paste on your cpu then try, it will be fine.
this problem caused by the overheating of cpu sometimes i had also this problem last year but when i applied thermal paste it works fine.

NoCarsGo

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Thanks, but heat is almost certainly not the issue, i can run it for hours at a time no problem and it's only reporting around 40C...
This is happening when I shut it down overnight and then come back the next day...

4745454b

Titan
Doesn't sound like a heat issue to me either. I also doubt its a switch issue or else it would happen more often then just shutting down.

Startup and shutdown are controlled by the bios, so perhaps a bad setting there or you need to update the bios.

NoCarsGo

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
It seems the problem has resolved itself, I noticed my PCI TV Tuner was a bit loose, so I pushed it all the way in, I don't think i've had the problem since then...